Urgent Help needed: Rentry to USA with soon to be expired visa

ani70

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have a valid L1 visa expiring on 9th December 2003 and my I94 and L1 petition valid till Oct 2004 and my project will be continuing for atleast another six month
I am a Canadian landed Immigrant possess IMM1000 doc and planning to visit Toronto to pick up my PR card during End November 2003 and then will return back to USA within one week time
My questions are
(1) Can I re enter USA anyday before my L1 visa validity date which is 9th Dec 2003
(2)If INS or Canadain Immigration officer at POE take back my current I94 during entering Canada ...will it be a problem in getting a new I94 at POE when rentering USA before 9th Dec 2003(Visa Validity date) showing my soon to be expiring L1 visa
(3) What is the current rule for reentering USA with a soon to be expired valid L1 visa ?
Will appreciate your advice

Keep I-94 with you. If some one at Canada side asks abt it..let them know that you have handed over to US immigration/airline or lost it.

Why I need to stop at USA immigration section at POE?

Hi sadafrali,
Thanks for your reply but if I will be visiting Canada for couple of days and then return back to USA why I need to meet USA immigration officers at POE.Couple of month back when I crossed border via Buffello I never stopped at USA immigration section rather I just drove down to Canadian Immmigration section and got everything done within 2 minutes!
Is this different for other POE like detroit etc?
If I have a valid USA visa and canadian PR do I need to stop at USA immigration section even I am not carrying any dutiable items or more that USD 10,000 with me
Also let me know whether I will be able to enter using a valid USA visa which is expiring within next couple of weeks?
Appreciate your fedback