URGENT Help in using EAD from H1

immiuser2006

I am using H1B using Company B for my current job. I was given offer by Company B to join there. I have valid EAD based on my spouse's pending 485 filed an year ago. My EAD is getting expired in sep 15th 2008. But I already filed my EAD renewal on Aug-08-2008 filed online with Receipt Number.
My Question is

1. Can I join the Company B with my current EAD (it will be valid until 9-15-2008 only)
2. If I do not get the EAD renewed before my current EAD Expires, What will be my status? Does it work like valid status with H1 Renewal, if the H1 renewal is filed even though H1 is expired?
thanks.

I am using H1B using Company B for my current job. I was given offer by Company B to join there. I have valid EAD based on my spouse's pending 485 filed an year ago. My EAD is getting expired in sep 15th 2008. But I already filed my EAD renewal on Aug-08-2008 filed online with Receipt Number.
My Question is

1. Can I join the Company B with my current EAD (it will be valid until 9-15-2008 only)
2. If I do not get the EAD renewed before my current EAD Expires, What will be my status? Does it work like valid status with H1 Renewal, if the H1 renewal is filed even though H1 is expired?
thanks.

You can join any employer with valid EAD even for few days till its expiration date.
If you get your renewal on time before the current EAD expiration date, well and good. If not your status will not be affected (pending I-485 which is very nice and legal) but, you can not work unless you have your new EAD approved.
So, play it wisely, you can stay with your employer till you get your renewal especially that the time is very short and you may not get the renewal on time or move and carry that risk.
The fact is: with or without visa, with or without EAD you are legal giving the fact that you have pending I-485 till a decision is made