urgent help : H1b expired on 12 jan, applied for extension on same day.

s_anchoori

My h1b visa was valid till jan 12 , 06 . My employer has filed for extension in Dec 05. but the INS did not accept the application and they asked to send the check for different amount($$) and the letter was received on jan 11. and on the same day my employer has sent the Check with the requrired docs on Jan 11 , but the docs are reached at INS processing center on jan 13 and they generated the receipt on jan 17.. and there is the grace period of jan 12 to jan 17 . is my status illigal for 5 days ?

what should I do now ? My employer is saying that as initially we sent the application in Dec. so its not at all a problem.

iMmigration gurus please advice soon..

in brief , My h1b was valid till jan 12 , 2006 and the new h1b extension receipt was generated (with Notice Date) as Jan 17.

Thank You
Regards
sree.

No. Problem. You are not out of status.

s_anchoori said:
My h1b visa was valid till jan 12 , 06 . My employer has filed for extension in Dec 05. but the INS did not accept the application and they asked to send the check for different amount($$) and the letter was received on jan 11. and on the same day my employer has sent the Check with the requrired docs on Jan 11 , but the docs are reached at INS processing center on jan 13 and they generated the receipt on jan 17.. and there is the grace period of jan 12 to jan 17 . is my status illigal for 5 days ?

what should I do now ? My employer is saying that as initially we sent the application in Dec. so its not at all a problem.

iMmigration gurus please advice soon..

in brief , My h1b was valid till jan 12 , 2006 and the new h1b extension receipt was generated (with Notice Date) as Jan 17.

Thank You
Regards
sree.