URGENT: H1B ttransfer denied, appealed MTR

poiuasdf

Hi,

I applied for a H1 transfer 1 year ago from company A to B. My H1 transfer request was selected for security check. After 1 year on March 27th my attorney got a H1 denial notice (saying that end client letter is not there) . Unfortunately I am notified of that today (April 22). I was told that we can file a MTR within 33 days (not sure if that is 33 calendar days or business days, can someone clarify).

Now I am going to file MTR in a couple of days.

Questions:
1) I am planning to apply for another H1 transfer to company C. Should I do it before 33 days from denial notice or can I take some more time to file the H1 transfer.

2) Can I keep working at my current client even after filing MTR.

Any help here is highly appreciated.

The "33 days" start from the USCIS notice date, including the time that the email was delieved to you, and not "business days".

If you are in H1B status, you shouold be able to work for the current client even after filing MTR.

When a petition is denied, usually considering three options:

(1) Refiling the petition in order to avoid the delay in the AAO appeal decision which takes minimum of from six months to over one year in most cases.

(2) If the decision of the agency is egregiously an error in facts or law, attorneys sometimes request the agency to reopen or reconsider the decision on its own so that the harmed client gets a relief by the agency's reversal on free meal and in a short period of time.

(3) Unless there is an agency's egregious error in the denial, attorneys usually file an outright formal AAO appeal with the request to the agency to review and reconsider its denials before passing it onto the AAO. (see http://www.greencardapply.com/news/news05/news05_0709.htm)