Urgent - H1B stamping in Chennai with DUI offense in New Jersey

duiguy_recent

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
I had to visit India due to family emergency. My current H1B expired on Jan 1, 2009 and extension got approved recently while i was in india. My employer already mailed the extension docs and i am going to receive them next week.
Here is my situation. Some of you might already now

Got a DUI in New Jersey in 2007. Pleaded guilty paid all the fines and i am yet attend IDRC classes. My attorney says that DUI in New jersey is like any other traffic offense.

1) Does any of you had any similar experience? Having a DUI in New Jersey and going to Chennai for H1B stamping? If yes, could you please share?
2) Since it is not considered as a criminal offense will it be reported to FBI?
3) I assume that only cases that are reported to FBI will get a hit? Is it true?
4) If that's the case, Can i say "NO" on DS-156 form to avoid unncessary delay?
5) Some say "Chennai" is tricky choose "Delhi" or "Mumbai". what do u guys think?

Please respond ASAP.

Finally Got my VISA without any hassle in Chennai

Full story

1) I had to come to india on a family emergency. At that time my h1b extension was still in processing.
2) I immediately called my employer to change it to premium
3) On the day of the travel my status was approved. I reported to this employer and USCIS didn't the charge me for the premium
4) I left the country on the same day.
5) My employer sent all the relevant docs in about 2 weeks
6) Luckily i was able to get an appointment the following end of the week
7) I took a train the day before, reached chennai in the evening, stayed on peters road. US consulate is walkable from there
8) I attended the interview the following day. At the docs verification window, he wrote that i was not in PIMS, reval. At the V.O. window,
He just asked to show the W2 for last year and how long i have been with the company.
9) V.O. said all looks good except i am not in PIMS and gave me a blue 221g which says additional administrative processing required
10) He told me to wait for around until end of the week. call back if i haven't received the passport in 10 days.
11) as expected i didn't get the passport that week, but finally got it 2 businees days after the following week. guess it took 7 business days.

By the way. I said for "YES" for you know what.....in DS-156