Urgent! H1B revoked and hence deported

Priya_23

Registered Users (C)
My boyfriend was entrering the US on Dec 16 th on a H1 (valid until jan 31rst) and was told that the state department has revoked his visa on dec 9th. He was kept in detention that night and the next day 2 FBI officials came and talked to him. They told him that the reason for all this was that in 2001 when he was visitng Canada he took some pictures in downtown ottowa out of which one had th US embassy in the background.
I was with him in that trip. He had gotten his H1 stamped from the US consulate that day so we thought we will take
picture of his out the embassy. It was as innocent as that.
The FBI officials heard his story and agreed that he was wrongfully accused, however all they could do was file a report with their impression.

He was deported back to bombay and now we don't know what to do about this situation. His lawyers say that he has to go the US Consulate in India and find out more before he can apply for any kind of waiver.

Does anyone have any idea about deportation and any experience with going to the US Consulate in Mumbai?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I hope that embassy had the notice NOT to take photographs and the Embassy camera captured him taking photographs that were prohibited.
Is he Muslim?
I suspect something more to that story that has not been posted

There is nothing that I tried to hide in this post. The reason we are so baffled and horrified is that we ourselves can't believe that the state department can take such a drastic action based on such a trivial innocent thing. The officials from the state department who met my boyfriend at the airport, themselves were convinved that he was unfairly treated and were going to write reports in a week's time explaining that this was a mistake.

Anyway I am not writing here to convince the skeptics on this forum. The idea is to see if people have any constructive inputs for this situation and how to apply for a waiver at the US consulate in Mumbai

Also, the pictures were take outside on a street with the embassy in the backdrop. We were like regular tourist taking pictures all around downtown Ottawa. He is not muslim, he's hindu. I am assuming there are cameras that monitor activities all arounf the embassy. Still I can't imagine we are the only tourists who have taken pictures on streets around US Consulates. Our trip was a month after 9/11 which probably is why this was scrutinized so much.

Our trip was a month after 9/11 which probably is why this was scrutinized so much.
----- That could be the reason, you should contact good attorney and explain the situation.
The officials from the state department, who met my boyfriend at the airport, themselves were convinced that he was unfairly treated and were going to write reports in a week's time explaining that this was a mistake.

---------If the info from DOS goes to Bombay consulate he will get the Visa stamp.

Priya_23,

Sorry if it sounded skeptic. But just re-read your post -

The officials from the state department who met my boyfriend at the airport, themselves were convinved that he was unfairly treated and were going to write reports in a week's time explaining that this was a mistake.

Would you please see other queries in same background.

Anyway, did you boy-friend ask for a copy of the report? If he has one - should be less problem in consulate.

Last edited by a moderator: