Urgent: FP appointment

atyagi73

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I have finally received FP notice but for me it has never been a smooth ride. My appointment is for 11/24(Saturday) and I am out of town at that time for a very critical trip.

What are my options ?

1. Can I go early and take a chance if they will accomodate me ?
2. Can I request rescheduling for a specific date range ? I again have a trip planned for India in last 3 weeks of December.

If you have been in a similar situation then please share your experience or if you know the process then please provide your input.

Thanks a lot for your time and attention.

1. Can I go early and take a chance if they will accomodate me ?
Yes, that's something you should try. People have reported here that ASCs do at times accommodate such requests. Take all the documents proving that you are not in town on the assigned FP date (tickets, hotel booking etc). They would comply.
2. Can I request rescheduling for a specific date range ? I again have a trip planned for India in last 3 weeks of December.
In case option # 1 doesn't pan out, discuss your availability schedule for December with them and they should then suggest you a date that works for both.

This part of the long journey, hopefully, would be smooth. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you will be out of town, an option could be to appear at a closer ASC that suites you on the day and time mentioned on your notice.
You can ask your ASC if you can do it. I was FPtd at a different ASC and they didn't complain at all.

Your two options are both feasible. Walk-in is accepted at many centers, and reschedule is definitely permitted everywhere.