Urgent Consulting: Working for two Employer

SoundOfSilence

Registered Users (C)
Any expert know if it will have influence on my current I-485 processing if I work for 2nd employer as constractor based on my EAD while still keep the employment status(unpaid leave) with my 1st employer on H1B????

my 485 case: RD: 06/11/2002; ND: 07/01/2002

Thanks

Not an expert

I am not an expert but what will you do if the BCIS asks for pay stubs from your sponsoring employer ?

shouldn't be a problem, as long as you have a sponsoring employer that will have a job for you when your GC approval comes through, and will so state in case of an RFE. keep in mind, though, that your use of EAD will invalidate your H1B, so when if and when you return to your original sponsoring employer after your period of unpaid leave but before your GC approval, you will need to rejoin as an EAD employee, not H1B. you might also want to update the I-9 on record with your sponsoring employer even right now to reflect that you are employed with them on the basis of your EAD, not H1B.

Hi Pork,
2 questions for you:
1. Are you sure he should give up on his H1!!
2. Can he keep his current H1 (and NOT filling up the I-9) if he continues to work on a part-time basis (let say even 5hrs/week or..)? this way he can keep his current H1 status.
Please correct me if I am wrong as this is what my friend did.
thanks,aghajan