Urgent !! Applying from India for PR ?

deepred

Registered Users (C)
Hello. I am presently working in Los angeles and have been thinking about applying for the Australian PR as I\'m quite interested in shifting base to Australia. I have a master\'s degree from the US and about 3 years of work experience as a Design engineer in the US.

However, due to an urgent family problem, I need to go back to my home country (India) for an indefinite period of time in the next few weeks. For this, I will need to give up my present job in the US. :(

I still want to apply for the australian PR since I am hopeful that by the time the whole process goes through, I will have resolved my family problems.

My question is: What impact (delay?) will it have if I send in my papers from India, instead of from Los Angeles ? What weightage, if any, does having a job in the US have on the whole process ? Does it really matter from where I actually correspond with the Adelaide center ? Does anyone have any thoughts on this or any experiences in this regard ??

I\'m really confused at this stage since I was very keen on submitting my app but now I don\'t know how the move back home will affect it ??

PLease advise me guys.

Thanks in advance,

Deep

Urgent !

Does anyone have any info on this please ? any comments/experiences are more than welcome.

Thank you

-Deep

Here\'s some info

Well as everybody knows know that from Nov 2001 you need to apply from Adelaide processing center, though I am not sure since making the immigration process centralised how does that affect the processing time as processing times in LA are much faster then in India (Delhi ie:)
Well i noticed that you say that you have masters from US...in what Computer Sciences? as that greatly increase your chance of getting your residency approved or atleast get it started as ACS the australian skill evaluation society will declare you unsuitable for Migration if you dont have degree in Computers , unless you plan to migrate under different set of rules.
There will be a substantial delay of you send your papers from India and they need a central point of contact for you..also if you go back after a while to India and apply for migration you will still need a police clearence letter from local police station from US so if you plan to go ...atleast take that with you.
I would suggest that take some time and think and apply from US...

Thank you Happy24

I have a master\'s in electrical engineering. my work-ex is in the computer hardware+fiber-optic industry and some digital signal processing experience as well. I hope all this is good enough for ACS ?

To avoid the higher processing times back in India, if I do apply from LA before going back, do you think there will still be some delay if I move back home, say 2 months after applying ?? Maybe I don\'t need to transfer my case to India at all ?? I can have the papers sent to my friend\'s place here in LA for all further correspondence and then maybe when my family problem is resolved, I can land in Australia directly ? This is just a thought that came to my mind as I read your post. What do you think ? Sounds do-able ?

Also, just another question - would you know the approximate current processing times for apps through US / Delhi ?

Thanks much buddy !

Deep.

No Title

Well if you can come back to LA after you go to India,,, that would be much better as in case if they need somethings after you apply,
but i would also suggest that apply will all the medical and police clearence formalities completed as this will significanlty reduce your application time...and also since you will not be present here.
Though DIMA need to know where ever you are travelling (out of the country) till they actually grant you a visa as they will need your passport to stamp your visa.

The approximate processing times for Delhi are 66 weeks for subclass 136 and for LA are 25 weeks...

Sounds do-able bud but make an intelligent choice.

Hi Happy24

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know how I can find out the entire procedure for applying (like what forms I need in all, how to do the ACS, etc etc).

did you file for the PR ? did you take a lawyer\'s help ?

I\'m trying to find out the exact procedure and even details (for example as i read somewhere on the board that PCC is not required from india if the passport is issued in the US)...where can i find such details ? this will save a lot of time if i apply for all these right in the beginning instead of finding out later that some other certificate/evaulation/clearance/attestation was needed...you know what i mean ? I believe they have a booklet for sale on the gov.au website .would that have all such small details in there ??

if its not too much trouble and if you have time, Happy24, can you (or any other kind soul reading this post) please guide me through the details of the process in short ?

i\'d really appreciate any help ...

thank you very much guys,

-Deep

No Title

OK Deep here are the little details you asked for....hopefully they answer your questions..

Q.Do you know how I can find out the entire procedure for applying (like what forms I need in all, how to do the ACS, etc etc).
A. the one source which has booklet on sale does have all the info you require to get started.

Q,did you file for the PR ? did you take a lawyer\'s help ?
A. Yes i did take the help of a migration agent....they sort of pre evaluate your case and tell you if you will make it or not.
Here\'s there website www.hwmigration.com
and the contact is Mark Webster they are sydney based.
well i know it sort of looks simple upon looking at the procedures given in the booklet but mistakes can be made...
He charged me AUS$ 4000.00 ...i know its a lot but wasnt enough to leave my future at a stake.

Q.I\'m trying to find out the exact procedure and even details (for example as i read somewhere on the board that PCC is not required from india if the passport is issued in the US)...where can i find such details ? this will save a lot of time if i apply for all these right in the beginning instead of finding out later that some other certificate/evaulation/clearance/attestation was needed...you know what i mean ? I believe they have a booklet for sale on the gov.au website .would that have all such small details in there ??
A. You are right PCC is not required from India but a Police clearence letter is definatel required from the Indian Consul in San Francisco saves you another 45 days...since my passport was also issued from US i got the letter the same consul.
well buy the booklet and check out the details...thats what i would suggest..
Another thing...though it might be a little different in your case as i applied at the Australian consul at LA....they dont accept notarised copies....they wanna sight the originals...yes sir..ORIGINALS....i dont how that applies to you now as you will be filling in Adeleide.

Q.if its not too much trouble and if you have time, Happy24, can you (or any other kind soul reading this post) please guide me through the details of the process in short ?
A. Not at all bro..i would like to be of as much help as i can ...as i was in the same shoes...

well good luck

Thanks Happy24

Thanks for your detailed responses bro. Yes, I\'m thinking of approaching a lawyer as well. I don;t wanna screw up this one like other processes. ;) How did you go about choosing the lawyer you have ?

If you don\'t mind, can I ask you for any of your personal email addresses where I can ask you for some advice in the future ? That is if you don\'t mind....my personal one is abevada@hotmail.com

Thanks so much dude.

Take care,
-Deep

No Title

no probs dude... its comdude23@yahoo.com

well about choosing the lawyer i just serached on the internet ...talked to couple of them and got my case evaluated from couple of them ...had to pay about 20-30 bucks to get it evaluated but it was worth it.
i would higly suggest hwmigration.com as they handled my case pretty well and do have higly personalised service (Also money back gaurantee in case your case falls back on some reason)
i would suggest you go through some of the sites

http://www.liveinaustralia.com/
http://www.beyderwellen.com/

here you will find some good resources and lawyers.

Good Luck.