Update: My Case is being "Actively" reviewed by an officer

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
My lawyer sent a case status check to the USCIS and I just got his(lawyers) email that they responded with that exact quote, "Actively" reviewing the case. I have NO clue what this means...Should I be scared???

wantmygcnow said:
My lawyer sent a case status check to the USCIS and I just got his(lawyers) email that they responded with that exact quote, "Actively" reviewing the case. I have NO clue what this means...Should I be scared???

No men, u'll be alright. That sounds funny though - Should I be scared :) Should all we? :)

Honestly, if you want my gut feeling - no!
I think they had to tell you something, and could not tell the truth, which is: "Oh, you know, the officer is totally overwhelmed because we distributed cases poorly" or "Oh, she is on a maternity leave" or "short term disability" or "he is the biggest underachiever we have ever had, but we cannot fire him because of various labor laws"...Sorry, I am bitter, obviously, we have waited long enough, and there simply is no fairness in this!

EspressoJoy said:
Honestly, if you want my gut feeling - no!
I think they had to tell you something, and could not tell the truth, which is: "Oh, you know, the officer is totally overwhelmed because we distributed cases poorly" or "Oh, she is on a maternity leave" or "short term disability" or "he is the biggest underachiever we have ever had, but we cannot fire him because of various labor laws"...Sorry, I am bitter, obviously, we have waited long enough, and there simply is no fairness in this!

Now that made me laugh out loud....Only a woman can be this frustrated and still be funny!!

Lazerthegreat said:
YOu should not be scared... you should be happy jumping up and down... :)
your approval might be round the corner...

Lazer, Here is the email...

>>
>>Jimmy,

>I have mailed you the response from the USCIS about your case. Basically >they are actively reviewing your case as per the letter. There is no >projected time-frame for them to process based on the RFE. In the past >conference calls, the service center has stated that responses to RFEs is >case-specific. In addition to that, it can depend on security check issues, >special verification, reassignment of resources(officers). Usually RFE >processing is given a priority but since we were in the middle of change of >fiscal years, the RFE processing may be on hold for Asylee adjustments for >the start of this fiscal year.

>As I told you before that the priority for this fiscal year is not Asylum >Adjustments but H-1 and Special Interest Waiver adjustments, most of my >H-1 cases are getting approvals now. I think if your case gets adjusted, it >would be early 2006 or mid 2006. I know this was not the news you wanted >but the way USCIS has been working on H-1 adjustments, I do not see >much of Asylee adjustments being approved for the rest of year. Go ahead >and take that trip but make sure you do not go for a long period of time and >call me when you get back.

>>Glen

Bad News for us (Unfortunate Asylee) who submit RFE to USCIS.
I am thinking to apply my EAD soon for couple of years. Cuz without EAD it's very hard to explain to new work place that we Asylee can work here USA without EAD although i have Unrestricted Social Security Card.
Thanks Jimmy to sharing this Email.
Good luck to everyone.

------------------
ND Jan-2001
FP July-2004
RFI July-2005
BIO Aug-2005
RFE Sep-2005
RFE Recived USCIS- OCT-2005

it's really a very negative news

I'm referring to this paragraph, which i hope it's not true. Seems we just missed the fast train and have to wait till year 2006. Guys, there is no need to check your status everyday now. :mad: Wait till next year.
====================
>As I told you before that the priority for this fiscal year is not Asylum >Adjustments but H-1 and Special Interest Waiver adjustments, most of my >H-1 cases are getting approvals now. I think if your case gets adjusted, it >would be early 2006 or mid 2006.
=========================

porkman said:
I'm referring to this paragraph, which i hope it's not true. Seems we just missed the fast train and have to wait till year 2006. Guys, there is no need to check your status everyday now. :mad: Wait till next year.
====================
>As I told you before that the priority for this fiscal year is not Asylum >Adjustments but H-1 and Special Interest Waiver adjustments, most of my >H-1 cases are getting approvals now. I think if your case gets adjusted, it >would be early 2006 or mid 2006.
=========================

Keep your hopes high man. My lawyer is not sure like so many other lawyers. No one knows actually. No one knows about USCIS. They will find out more about it after the next confernce call....Keep your fingers crossed..Asylees have suffered enough.

Wantmygcnow,

You sent them too much stuff... that's why :)

Anyway, if we will get not approvals soon, I am sure we will all receive new fingerprint notices...

Uh... I haven't even gotten an RFE... I'll take an RFE now if they send me one... (just to let me know that my case is "beeing reviewed" or something.)

August and September were the best months to finish up with uscis.But it's not over guys.stay positive.I'm sure we expect more approvals since we got some approvals in early october.I don't see why being held until 2006.That email depends on the guy who sent it.

Just to verify your lawyer's assertion, we should start tracking number of approvals in Oct. This whole thing is really based on luck and I really feel sorry for you guys who may have missed the September train. I hope your lawyer is wrong and that approvals will continue to come in.

BTW, why would your case be actively reviewed if there was no chance of an imminent approval ?

Track number of Oct LUDS and approvals to confirm/disprove your lawyer's assumptions.

Best of luck guys.

wantmygcnow >>>Now that made me laugh out loud....Only a woman can be this frustrated and still be funny!!

OOhya -Men are Impermeable beings. sexist? We have women on this forum

wantmygcnow said:
Keep your hopes high man. My lawyer is not sure like so many other lawyers. No one knows actually. No one knows about USCIS. They will find out more about it after the next confernce call....Keep your fingers crossed..Asylees have suffered enough.

i would lihe to know the meaning of the H1

cadel said:
August and September were the best months to finish up with uscis.But it's not over guys.stay positive.I'm sure we expect more approvals since we got some approvals in early october.I don't see why being held until 2006.That email depends on the guy who sent it.

I would like to know the meaning of the H 1

wantmygcnow said:
Lazer, Here is the email...

>>
>>Jimmy,

>I have mailed you the response from the USCIS about your case. Basically >they are actively reviewing your case as per the letter. There is no >projected time-frame for them to process based on the RFE. In the past >conference calls, the service center has stated that responses to RFEs is >case-specific. In addition to that, it can depend on security check issues, >special verification, reassignment of resources(officers). Usually RFE >processing is given a priority but since we were in the middle of change of >fiscal years, the RFE processing may be on hold for Asylee adjustments for >the start of this fiscal year.

>As I told you before that the priority for this fiscal year is not Asylum >Adjustments but H-1 and Special Interest Waiver adjustments, most of my >H-1 cases are getting approvals now. I think if your case gets adjusted, it >would be early 2006 or mid 2006. I know this was not the news you wanted >but the way USCIS has been working on H-1 adjustments, I do not see >much of Asylee adjustments being approved for the rest of year. Go ahead >and take that trip but make sure you do not go for a long period of time and >call me when you get back.

>>Glen

well this sure does not seem like a very good news.... :mad: I don't know what the heck they are upto. I will never forget this process throughout my life..

I am not sure how much you should believe this. My cousin was approved last Friday, seven days after the USCIS received her I-602 waiver application (90 pages).

I think the most likely explanation is that the officer is just lazy. I think the same officer has the files of wantmygcnow, EspressoJoy and Lazer!!!!!!!!!

Another possibility is security check. As I recall wantmygcnow is from a country where they believe there are many terrorists. Maybe his name is similar to that of someone on the watch list (many ethnic names are similar to WASP Americans). So they need special clearance from the intelligence community before approval.

comcast said:
I am not sure how much you should believe this. My cousin was approved last Friday, seven days after the USCIS received her I-602 waiver application (90 pages).

I think the most likely explanation is that the officer is just lazy. I think the same officer has the files of wantmygcnow, EspressoJoy and Lazer!!!!!!!!!

Another possibility is security check. As I recall wantmygcnow is from a country where they believe there are many terrorists. Maybe his name is similar to that of someone on the watch list (many ethnic names are similar to WASP Americans). So they need special clearance from the intelligence community before approval.

Comcast, IF my name as on some watch list, I Wouldn't be able to travel every other week as I do now....My name is as american as possible..and it wasn't changed...Thats how it was...So i doubt its a security check issue.

wantmygcnow said:
Comcast, IF my name as on some watch list, I Wouldn't be able to travel every other week as I do now....My name is as american as possible..and it wasn't changed...Thats how it was...So i doubt its a security check issue.

wait!!! I think you misunderstood me. I was NOT saying that you are on a watch list, just that your name is similar to someone else who is.