update day

gvaknin

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a question and would appreciate whatever assistance you can provide. Yesterday I checked the status of our cases after loging in to my portfolio, and saw that all 3 cases (my wife's, son's and mine) have a new update date (6/15/2004), however when I went into the cases (all 3 of them), the status didn't change and is still showing the 570-600 days deal. Have you guys seen something like that? can you please help me explain that?
I am not sure if it's going to help, but here is our information:
RD: 1/8/2003
ND: 1/9/2003
FP1: 2/2003
FP2: N/A
EAD1: 8/13/2003
EAD2: 8/13/2004
wife's EAD1: submitted on 4/30, no answer yet.
AP: 2/2004

Appreciate any help you can provide,

Thanks,

It means NOTHING !!

Dont get your hopes high. It is part of internal processing. Update date is no indication that your case will be processed anytime sooner. My case was updated in similar way 3 times in past 15 days, but status stayed same.
Bottom line : Dont expect any miracles.

Thanks

But does it mean that they are touching it? or a computer program automatically changes the day whenever?

Yep, I am pretty positive that they have started to look into your case.
I had a similar situation in the past, when I had these dates changed
one time, a week after that I got RFEs on our cases.

And I don't think the dates are updated automatically !!

Thanks again

Well then, I guess I need to sit tight. I wish they would have indicated "processing of your case has resumed........" or something in that spirit......I know many other cases that have seen that.

This is significant news for Jan 2003 NDs

And I am one of them. The fact that the LUD (Last update date) has changed means the file has come out of hibernation.

gvaknin,

Did you get an email when the date changed. I am under the impression that you get notified by email of a change in LUD and you need not have to login to see it. Please keep us posted. I will start a new thread to track LUD for Jan filers.

My details:

485-RD 1/22/03 : ND 1/29/03 : FP1 2/22/03 : EAD1 5/1/2003 : EAD2 3/8/2004

Rsur said:
And I am one of them. The fact that the LUD (Last update date) has changed means the file has come out of hibernation.

gvaknin,

Did you get an email when the date changed. I am under the impression that you get notified by email of a change in LUD and you need not have to login to see it. Please keep us posted. I will start a new thread to track LUD for Jan filers.

My details:

485-RD 1/22/03 : ND 1/29/03 : FP1 2/22/03 : EAD1 5/1/2003 : EAD2 3/8/2004
I think you only an an email if the status changes. Not if the LUD changes. But you are right -- This is good news for Jan 2003 NDs.

It may be for your EAD

GVAKIN,

It might be for your application for EAD. My case update date coincides the date of my EAD approval. But do not loose your heart. Now my heart is pounding as mine is closer to your case.

Best of Luck.

GM

I was wrong!!

Gvaknin

May be RSur is right. On closer look I found that your wife's EAD was filed on 4/30/04.

Keep tight!!! Please let us know about your status!!!

Sorry about the earlier post!

GM

please see the Note on USCIS accout !!

Hi buddies,

when you loging on your USCIS accout, on the bottom of the web papge you can see the words:

* Note on "Last Updated" date:
Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email Notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message.

Thanks to all of you

I did not get an email, it was just during a routine check of our status. I saw tha date change and that what triggered the email I sent.
As for whether it's related to the EAD application or not, it may well be as I heard of several situations where one submitted a request for EAD, and a short amount of time later got approved, so maybe (and I am only guessing here) the EAD application triggered? any ideas????

Thanks guys for all your comments.

Hey GV

I dont think the EAD application would have triggered an update on your 485 case.

In my specific case, I had applied for my 2nd EAD and AP, but those applications ( and their subsequent approvals) left my 485 LUD untouched.

I think something happens to LUD for 485 only when some specific action / notification has happened to that 485 application.

My LUD on 485 was 8/18/2003 - which coincides with address change notification that I sent them.

Gist of this all- I am thinking that some positive behind the scenes activity is going on with your 485 application !

All the best and keep us updated!

kharghosh

thanks

in that case i will just sit tight an wait. I hope things will turn good and soon.
I will let you all know what happened.
Thanks all :)