UNITED NATIONS TO HELP - RFE on I-485

rtinkam

Registered Users (C)
HI UN:

I have some one with EB2 I-485 RFE noticed mailed on July 10th 2005 as per the online message( this may be most likely whether or not the employee working for the petitioner currently or not). However he has not received any notice by post yet. I understand there would be a dead line to reply the RFE in 90 days. In this case he received email and LUD changed but RFE letter missed. So what can He do to get it back and extend the reply date beyond 90 days.

I mean Can he get 90 days time again from the date he finally will be receiving the RFE letter again(duplicate)down the line???? Please advise on this. Also he is NOT married yet and still not engaged and parents are looking for him so that he can add his wife's petition. In a way it would have been better if he can drag the reply date for I-485 RFE until marriage but how can he do this in this case since he has received an email and came to know that RFE letter was mailed but NOT received in post yet. Tell me his options to extend the dead line date on RFE to reply so that he can postpone his I-485 approval date. U know why he wants do do that. Thanks in advance.

Hi UN:

Hi UN:
It is for one of my family members but it was filed by HR of the employer and has no attorney. As u know they are very expensive and most of the times employees have to spend for this. This case is a fair case as far as approval of I-485 is concerned except that he wants to delay the case approval date and also there is an issue with NOT receiving the RFE letter posted a month ago. So please advise on how to extend the approval date in this situation. It is ok with the employee if the approval date gets delayed since he is NOT married yet. Your advises are valuable to us. By the way as I asked also comment on the beginning of 90 days period to reply the RFE in this case since he has not received the RFE letter posted. To let you know his priority date is current to get the I-485 approval right away. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
rtinkam said:
Hi UN:
It is for one of my family members but it was filed by HR of the employer and has no attorney. As u know they are very expensive and most of the times employees have to spend for this. This case is a fair case as far as approval of I-485 is concerned except that he wants to delay the case approval date and also there is an issue with NOT receiving the RFE letter posted a month ago. So please advise on how to extend the approval date in this situation. It is ok with the employee if the approval date gets delayed since he is NOT married yet. Your advises are valuable to us. By the way as I asked also comment on the beginning of 90 days period to reply the RFE in this case since he has not received the RFE letter posted. To let you know his priority date is current to get the I-485 approval right away. Thanks.

Delay the Finger Printing. Usually FP needs to be done within 13 weeks from date of appointment.
REF usually has 7 weeks of time.

Tammy2

Thanks tammy2 on that but finger printing was done already about three months back and results received by them. Please comment on postal missing of the RFE letter send by INS to employee and also other ways to delay the I485 approval.

Unitednations To Guide

HI UNITEDNATIONS:

Please reply to my second response in this thread since your advise is crucial for all of us. Please comment on all different aspects in this thread like missing RFE LETTER send by INS, extention of 90 days in this special situation, other means to delay the approval date of I-485. Thanks for your valuable time.

Thanks UN

UNITEDNATIONS:
SOunds great and thanks for the advise. I will update you on this and how it goes just to give u the info. Thanks again.

UNITEDNATIONS and others:

Can I get the FAX number for the INS for me to fax a request letter since I did NOT receive the RFE letter for I-485 though LUD changed one month ago. In LUD they said I should contact them in 15 business days if I do not receive the RFE letter. It was filed in VERMONT.

Unitednations And Others

UNITEDNATIONS AND OTHERS:

How to contact INS in this case to inform them that we have NOT received RFE letter for I-485 from INS even one month after LUD change saying they have mailed RFE letter. Do we need to contact vermont where we have filed or any special department for such issues. I would appreciate all your help on this.

Know What?

rtinkam said:
UNITEDNATIONS and others:

Can I get the FAX number for the INS for me to fax a request letter since I did NOT receive the RFE letter for I-485 though LUD changed one month ago. In LUD they said I should contact them in 15 business days if I do not receive the RFE letter. It was filed in VERMONT.

Are you collecting information for your 'Family Friend/Relative' or YOURSELF??? Why so much tension if s/he did not receive the RFE? and You are you saying ' I did NOT receive the RFE'?

Hi CaliGC:

Though I am saying "I did not receive RFE" it is not for my self and it is for a family member though. I do not want to add this reasoning in every response of mine in the same thread hence I wrote in the direct speech using first person. By the way do u know the INS fax# to inform the same. Other issue is the applicant of I485 has gone to India and has vacated his apartment and he has certainly updated the forwarding address in the POST OFFICE. He is just using my address as the forwarding address since he has not come back from India yet. He did this caz he left for a three month trip to India. He will find his new rental apartment after coming from India. Since he does not have any rental agreement in the place where I live or any other place and he does not have any other address he did NOT inform the INS about vacating out of apartment. He is just trying to manage at post office level. I am not sure whether this would be an issue? Please suggest me the strategy to handle this situation. I think united nations is knowledgable enough to assist on this. Thanks to UN and all others.

Too many issues...

First thing first, tell your friend to come back ASAP, if he has not done that yet.

Second, as UN said, send fax, make call, drop mail and let USCIS know that you (or attorney) are still waiting for RFE.

My advice is not to take a chance and try your best to reply within given time frame, if you do receive the letter from USCIS. Who knows, it might be for some minor issue like Birth Certificate, Photo etc.

Also, if you are interested in getting response only from UN, kindly drop him a mail or PM rather then opening a thread.

rtinkam said:
Hi CaliGC:

Though I am saying "I did not receive RFE" it is not for my self and it is for a family member though. I do not want to add this reasoning in every response of mine in the same thread hence I wrote in the direct speech using first person. By the way do u know the INS fax# to inform the same. Other issue is the applicant of I485 has gone to India and has vacated his apartment and he has certainly updated the forwarding address in the POST OFFICE. He is just using my address as the forwarding address since he has not come back from India yet. He did this caz he left for a three month trip to India. He will find his new rental apartment after coming from India. Since he does not have any rental agreement in the place where I live or any other place and he does not have any other address he did NOT inform the INS about vacating out of apartment. He is just trying to manage at post office level. I am not sure whether this would be an issue? Please suggest me the strategy to handle this situation. I think united nations is knowledgable enough to assist on this. Thanks to UN and all others.

USNYCUS, UN and all:

Thanks to all of you. Could I get the fax number to inform the VERMONT center that I have not received the RFE letter mailed by INS over one month ago.

First, USCIS letters have a stamp that says "return to sender, if undelivered". PostOffice is not supposed to forward USCIS letter, if they do, it is a mistake. So you won't get your friend's letters from USCIS. Your best bet is to contact the lawyer who signed the G-28 for your friend (whose address appears on the I-485 application). The lawyer should get a copy of the RFE. The lawyer should contact USCIS if he hasn't received any RFE. Address change is a big problem with USCIS. This is the VSC Fax No: 802-527-4816. But it won't work. The lawyer is the only hope.

UN and PRAS01 and all others:

Thanks UN and PRAS01 for that info. So now I am suspecting that the postoffice must have returned it to INS without forwarding to my address. I am getting all other letters for my friend to my address but not THE RFE letter. So can my friend change the address in the INS and use my address temporarily while he is in India? Also please let me know whether new address has to be in VERMONT service center Jurisdiction. Will it be an issue if the new address is in Atlanta while I-485 was filed in VSC. Please also tell me whether there would be a special form to change the address especially after missing RFE letter. Will the INS make the candidate responsible or possibly abandon the I-485 since he has NOT updated the address already. Thanks.