Unbelievably Fast Approvals

worth pondering!!

Why does a person need 140 approval if 140 and 485 are being approved concurrently?

We probably need a few more parameters in place for that case before we can say anything - his FP date etc. This might be a random pick. But, you never know. I remember someone from Jan 2003 getting approved a few days back.

This might be totally unrelated. But, did you guys notice there were quite a few 485 approvals (mostly from end of 2001 thru around aug 2002) posted in the 485 forum?

Good luck to u all.

interesting scenario

Mine is pre-approved labor
140 & 485 Filed March 2003 - Concurrent
Finger print April 2003
EAD and AP approved in May 2003
140 NOT APPROVED YET
485 APPROVED BOTH OF US(MYSELF AND MY WIFE).

No idea how this happened...140 not approved and 485 approved.

We are going for stamping tomorrow to Newark. Please post any of your experiences. Lawyer asked me to be there around 5 AM.

sp.

bjsp said:
Finger print April 2003
140 NOT APPROVED YET

We are going for stamping tomorrow to Newark. Please post any of your experiences. Lawyer asked me to be there around 5 AM.

sp.

bjsp CONGRATULATIONS!!

I think u are trailblazing the concurrent approval process. Please post every little detail u can think of and ur experiences.

Yes mine was concurrent filing. My I 140 was cleared long back. In bjsp's case both I140 and I485 were adjudicated together I suppose. His lawyer must have received the I 140 approval notice, if that is the case. He can only clarify that.

Good luck
mdu123

Last edited by a moderator:
bjsp said:
Finger print April 2003
140 NOT APPROVED YET

sp.

Congratulations! You are one lucky dawg! Please pardon my language. :) How did you get your FP done in a month's time? Everything moved fast for you. What's your EB category?

I am changing the title to be "Unbelievably Fast Approvals" and sticking it in the top threads, so we can track all the unbelievable cases. :)

bjsp said:
Finger print April 2003
140 NOT APPROVED YET

sp.
Can you please post your Service center?

brigand said:
Why does a person need 140 approval if 140 and 485 are being approved concurrently?
For employer' s records,if it is based on such,I guess --as 485 is not connected or intimated to employer .When employer's files 140 to CIS,it is the obligation of CIS to intimate the approval to employer/agent and he has the 'right' to know.

140 & 485

Hi,
I filed my I140 and 485 concurrently in Vermont service centre.My filing date was DEC 4 2003.No news yet on my EAD or 140...I would like to include myself in this tracker .Please tell me how I can do that..
thanks
Sakti

I140 Approved on 5thMay

concurrent filing of 140&485.
Applied at VSC
Pre-approved LC
RD: I140/I485/EAD/AP - 3/30/04
I140 Approved on 5/5/04.
EB2 catagory.

bjsp said:
Finger print April 2003
140 NOT APPROVED YET

sp.
Hi bjsp,
Hope you had gone for stamping and everything went off well. Pls post your experiences

Thanks

This is really shocking news

I scanned in the morning EAC03-210 series with the ND 7/15/2003 and .... 4 approvals in the last week ... all of them RFE recvd ... what's going on? I'll try to scan all dates I have by Monday.

Are these 485 approvals? If so, that would be shocking.

Otherwise, if these are just I-140 approvals -- what's so shocking? We know the VSC is currently processing lot's of Jul/Aug/Sep EB3 and Sep EB2 cases so these approvals are to be expected, no? Or are you saying it's a bit odd that these cases all had RFE's -- maybe they're all from the same company with the same RFE?

ETA