UN Laissez-Passer insteed of a RTD or Reentry Permit

ccordova624

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have a question regarding using a UN Laissez-Passer insteed of a RTD or Reentry Permit.
My case is the following: I work for an international organization in DC and in the next few months I will be traveling in an official trip for my organization. I am a U.S. Permanent Resident, I do not have a passport, my country would not issue me a NP, applying for a RTD or a RP will take months, and my trip is around the corner.
My organization is willing to provide me with the UNLP. However, I dont know it there are any restrictions, problems or conflicts, in using this document and my green card to enter back into the U.S.
Do anybody have a first hand experience about this?
Your help is greatly appreciated it.

Hello,

I have a question regarding using a UN Laissez-Passer insteed of a RTD or Reentry Permit.
My case is the following: I work for an international organization in DC and in the next few months I will be traveling in an official trip for my organization. I am a U.S. Permanent Resident, I do not have a passport, my country would not issue me a NP, applying for a RTD or a RP will take months, and my trip is around the corner.
My organization is willing to provide me with the UNLP. However, I dont know it there are any restrictions, problems or conflicts, in using this document and my green card to enter back into the U.S.
Do anybody have a first hand experience about this?
Your help is greatly appreciated it.

I do not believe that there would be negative consequences from the stand point of U.S. immigration law. I say this without doing any legal research so I am not 100% sure. I do want to point out that you have a good reason to ask USCIS to expedite your application for a RP or a RTD. You may want to consider this avenue too.