UK Visa after Voluntary Departure from USA

RakeshKumar123

Hello,

I have heard good thing about your consultancy, I emailing you to seek legal immigration advice as my case is complicated as mentioned below

I went to USA in 2006 as a student. For the first year things went well, I had a good GPA and was in the deans list. Than by the third year all I was involved was bad company and parties. and stopped going to college. My name was cut from the college because of no attendance and my visa status expired cuz it was valid only till I was enrolled as a student. I overstayed my visa by 3 months and than I got into the hands of immigration.

I went to the holding center hired a lawyer who arranged for a VOLUNTARY DEPARTURE. A voluntary departure is the one where there are no records of deportation and it is unlike deportation in many ways.

I regretted and repented upon it for quite some time and now I am looking forward to go to UK to study. Because of my previous qualifications, SAT score and TOEFL score it will be quite easy to get admission in a A grade college in the UK.

But will there be Visa problems for UK? As far as I understand according the new point based system they will only require a proof of sufficient funds and a college admission. They will probably not even ask about any of those things as my records from USA will not be shared by any other organization. Also I have been through some of the visa forms and have seen no questions regarding previous visa of any sort in the new visa application form.

Please gimme you expert views on the above situation.

Sincerely
Rakesh Kumar

Hi,
I'd like to hear the outcome of your story. Did you get your UK Visa? I have a very similar situation with you. I was granted with voluntary departure by an American Immigration Judge last year.I went to the US Embassy to confirm my arrival when I came back to my country.Since then, I've been working in my country and has never travelled aboard. I am planning to visit the UK for holiday in the next few months. Surely I will need to apply for the UK tourist Visa. Everyone I know telling me, it wont be a problem. This will have no affect on my UK Visa. But is this true?Please advise.

Hey Sela,

My colleges start in Jan., I will be applying for visa in Dec. I will definitely tell you about the outcome of the application.

For you, let me tell you that you do not fall under the grounds of refusal hence your visa, cannot be rejected. I am assuming that you dont have a criminal record.

I regretted and repented upon it for quite some time and now I am looking forward to go to UK to study. Because of my previous qualifications, SAT score and TOEFL score it will be quite easy to get admission in a A grade college in the UK.