UK relaxes work permit rules for Highly Skilled Migrants

nkm-oct23

Registered Users (C)
UK has a Highly Skilled Migrant Program for individuals with specialized skills ( software, engineering, science, math, etc). This is similar to the Canadian independent immigration program. Recently they have reduced the points required from 75 to 65 to be eligible.
Those of you considering an alternative to US or Canadian immigration can find this interesting. For details go to:
http://www.workpermits.gov.uk

job market

Hi,

How is the job market in uk? and how much this immigration process will cost?

Thanks in advanvce.

The crowd immigrting to Canada and US from UK is way bigger then the one going the opposite direction. Main reason - lack of jobs there. It's very tough in Canada now but people are still immigrating to Canada from UK ( check british expats' sites for some evidence)
IMHO Canada is still #1 alternative for DOL victims.
Also if you noticed you have to extend your status in 1 year increments for 4 years and only after that you *may be able to* apply for permanent residency.
To be eligible for extensions you have to be employed, so if you happen to loose your job around one of your 12 month check points you will be out of status.

The life time residency is not granted automatically after completeion of the process like it happens with Canada and I've heared from people who worked there that UK immigrtaion does their best to get ppl out of the country before ppl become eligible for PR. They easily re-approve your status during first 3 years but can deny on 4th year even if you employed.

So what they have is some sort of H1.
UK work permit is not attached to a specific employer though but probably it may be still easier to make a H1 transefer in case you loose your job in US than to find a job even with a job permit in UK.

Job market in uk

elmo said:
Hi,

How is the job market in uk? and how much this immigration process will cost?

Thanks in advanvce.

Hi ,
I am also planning for uK i do have some contacts there.
what are ur plans u can reply me on sanny22 on the rediffmail.com

do reply i think we might help each other.

cheers

sanjay