U.S. Passport

tmmet

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I received my Naturalization Certificate.
I have to apply for U.S. Passport.I don't have my birth certificate.
Do I need birth certificate copy / original to apply for U.S. Passport.Pls. let me know.
Thanks in advance

Hi
I received my Naturalization Certificate.
I have to apply for U.S. Passport.I don't have my birth certificate.
Do I need birth certificate copy / original to apply for U.S. Passport.Pls. let me know.
Thanks in advance

All you need is the natz certificate.

Only Natz Certificate and Driving License(ID) required.

Only Natz Certificate and Driving License(ID) required.

fbanna79

were are you from. I am planning to apply gc for my parents. If you are from Tamil Nadu, let me know then we can prep the documents for our parents together.

were are you from. I am planning to apply gc for my parents. If you are from Tamilim Nadu, let me know then we can prep the documents for our parents together.

I had to use wikipedia to know what Tamilim Nadu was. I had no idea. Sorry, I am not from India.

However, since initial approval is completed at USCIS and later NVC in the
US ,we may share our timeline and experience up until it gets to consulates.
FYI, my mother's petition was received just today and I am expecting receipt to start tracking.

USA Passport

Passport Services has thirteen regional passport agencies and one Gateway City Agency in the United States, at which passport applications may be filed by citizens who intend to travel within two weeks of the application date, or who need to obtain visas before traveling. There are about 9,000 passport acceptance facilities in the United States.

fbanna79,

Thanks for the information about passport. I applied mine on 10/10/2008. Based on your status, I should receive it anytime.

I hope you didn't apply expedited process, did you?

I have to apply for India visa/PIO/OCI soon. Hopefully, I get the passport soon.

Thanks,
Newbie001.

Passport in Raleigh, NC

I applied for mine on 10/2 so mine should be on the way by now if I am as lucky as you were

Yallo...Fbanna79 /newbie001
Where did you apply for the passport in Raleigh? Can we take it to any postoffice?
Good to see you all !
Tks.

Murals72,

yes, you can apply via post office. But each PO has its own timing and some of them allow submission only by appointment.

You can get details about the submission facilities via the following link,

http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

Good Luck,
Sayam

Applied for PP on 10/30/08 and got it today in mail 11/08/08 for both me/spouse. But it didn't have the naturalization certificate. I checked the travel.state.gov which mentions that it will be returned along w/ the passport or in a separate mailing...

Do I need to worry for now and follow up...How did you guys get it...I'm based in NJ., if that helps....

Thanks