U.S Citizenship Timeframe Cut

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
It was taking 400 days(13+ months) to get an interview in WAshington d.c. Well folks, my sister applied on May 29th, 2008 and got her interview letter for October.

So this is great news for all of us with the timeframe cut to 5-6 months. I hope it stays like this.

BTW Washington D.C office had the longest wait so I am sure the backlog has been cut for every service center.

Quite amazing. The current N-400 processing time for Washington DC is April 2007. It means processing time is nothing to do with actual processing. USCIS is realy unpredictable. Isn't it?

Want: thank you so much for sharing this info... this is great news...I just hope the USCIS website reflects the same. Is the ceremony on the same day of the interview? Did she do her fingerprints already?

They dont call you for an interview if FP and Namecheck are not done.

They took so much heat for the excessive processing times that they had to improve to satisfy Congress and the public. The question is how long they can keep it up. If Congress approves amnesty next year then the USCIS will be overwhelmed with paperpork again.

wantmygcnow

Can you already tell us if your sister renewed NP and went to COP. thanks in advance.
please share with us her experience after the interview

thanks in advance.

With the anti immigrant climate I really don't think congress will pass an amnesty program....at least not for a few years.

She renewed NP but hasn't been to COP.

Unforjunately, want: Just becuase your sister's case is proccessed somewhat fast does not necessarilly mean that things are improving. I have seen many similar cases where one case got proccessed in three months, interview, oath, all...and another took more than two years...So each case is different. and I wish your sister a good luck on her interview.

Unforjunately, want: Just becuase your sister's case is proccessed somewhat fast does not necessarilly mean that things are improving. I have seen many similar cases where one case got proccessed in three months, interview, oath, all...and another took more than two years...So each case is different. and I wish your sister a good luck on her interview.

Actually if you head over to the U.S Citizenship forum and look under Washington D.C timeframe, most May 2008 applicants have an interview letter by now. SO its not one person..its most of the applicants.

BCIS is doing a great job now. Let's hope it keeps this momentum till next year, when most of us is going to apply for citizenship.

i got really imp.subject to discuss here..
Experience with different service center...
for example..a friend of mine got his interview done at san francisco and was approved citizenship quickly and without much dirty questioning.
but on the other hand another friend had interview in san jose,ca and was quesioned alot abt his visits to cop etc and it's been 2 years he is still waiting for his approval.he visited 3-4 times to cop .i have heared some more such experiences.
anybody has knowledge of such experiences in san jose and san francisco .
share yours plz.
so lest we can change our addresses.

Had your friend gone back to COP who was approved without dirty questioning?

for example..a friend of mine got his interview done at san francisco and was approved citizenship quickly and without much dirty questioning.
but on the other hand another friend had interview in san jose,ca and was quesioned alot abt his visits to cop etc and it's been 2 years he is still waiting for his approval.he visited 3-4 times to cop .i have heared some more such experiences.
share yours plz.

share yours plz.

All I can tell you is that its luck. I have heard about cases where officers have made a big deal of even speeding tickets..so even if you move, you may not get a good officer. Its not really by where you apply but the officer you get.

Last edited by a moderator:
sometimes there are specific instructions are given in a office specific by their supervisor.that affects lot.i guess.that's why some asylum affices are conservatiive and wont approve asylum even your case is solid but some are very libral.that's why many ppl change thier addresses.