Two I-485, two APs?

Mette

Registered Users (C)
Is anybody out there with two different I-485s (one based on your I-140 and another one based on your spouse's I-140, for example)? Do you need to apply for separate Advanced Paroles based on each of your two I-485? Do you show both of them to the immigration officer when entering the country?

TheRealCanadian, thank you for your quick answer! Yep, it seems logical to have just one AP but if you enter on, let's say, your own AP based on the I-485 where you are a principal applicant, will it mean you are abandoning your other I-485 where you are a dependant?

(when you file I-485, the lawyers usually state something like "Please note that international travel during the pendency of the adjustment of status application may result in abandonment of the application. The only exceptions are travel with an Advance Parole or on a valid L or H visa. This also applies to any dependant family members")

Mette said:
(when you file I-485, the lawyers usually state something like "Please note that international travel during the pendency of the adjustment of status application may result in abandonment of the application. The only exceptions are travel with an Advance Parole or on a valid L or H visa. This also applies to any dependant family members")

Yes That is true. But AP/EAD is not link two one I-485. It issued to you. Hence One AP is enough even though two I-485 are pending.