TVU student,now in UNVA, reinstatement in process, want to transfer school, what options do I have ?

nani2004

Registered Users (C)
Hi Rajeev Sir,

I was a TVU student who joined in UNVA after the TVU incident. I applied for re-instatement after joining UNVA. Its been 4 months and still shows and initial review. Mean while since the UNVA is also under probation of ICE because of some voilations, now i want to join into some reputed and accrediated university and got the acceptance letter from new university. When I contacted my DSO, he says that i cannot transfer because I am in reinstatement process.

When my DSO entered the sevis number to transfer my sevis record he did not see any option of "TRANSFER OUT" button which he was usually seeing when he enter the sevis number of any normal student.

Since he is seeing "Cancel Reinstatement" option inplace of "Transfer out". He says that I cannot transfer to another school during my reinstatement.

My DSO says that inorder me to transfer to a new school may be first he needs to cancel my reinstatement and when my record gets terminated then transfer the terminated record to new school and start the reinstatement as a whole, but he is not sure as says its just his opinion

I have following questions:-

1.- The problem here is if I with draw the application, would I be eligible to reapply
reinstatement again?
2.- It's already has been more than 5 months since the sevis got terminated. As per the rule, we have to apply for the reinstatement before 5 months of the sevis termination. Will they reconsider the application and treat these cases as exception?
3.- How many time will i have to file my new reinstatement if i cancel my present one and then transfer to a new school to apply reinstatement once again.

Thanks for taking time to read my case in detail.

Why in the world did you sign up with another known fraud after TVU???
Didn't you learn from the TVU situation???
Geez. From the frying pan into the fire.
You probably will have to go abroad, and get a new visa with the new I-20 from the real university.
And I hope for you that this is really a reputed, accredited university, and not one of the other shady, non-accredited or barely accredited institutions out there. Care to tell us the name?
If an institution even lists CPT on their website, run from them. All that these shady institutions that advertise CPT want from you guys is your money.

Oh, and reinstatement is dead. According to a recent article, http://www.rediff.com/news/report/indian-students-woes-continue-in-us/20110803.htm only 15 people out of over 1000 got reinstated. About 1.5%. So, forget about reinstatement.

Last edited by a moderator: