Turn around time for FBI Name check email?

san_GC

Registered Users (C)
How much time does FBI take to respond back on email query on name check status. I sent an email on 11/10. No Response yet......

AD: ?

san_GC said:
How much time does FBI take to respond back on email query on name check status. I sent an email on 11/10. No Response yet......

Sent first time Sept 8th..got reply Oct 5th...

Second time again Oct 7th...no reply yet....In the forum I found now they are replying for dt around October 4th, 5th...

Anywhere you go can find... backlog[Aren't we adjusted for backlog...]

Last edited by a moderator:
It took me almost 4 months. I sent a fax inquiry first on 07/19, didn't get any response, sent one again on 9/19, didn't get any response emailed twice on 10/11 and 10/21, finally I got a response on 11/3 citing my fax on 9/19.

sounds like 2-3 month backlog in FBI. I guess USCIS is very successful in spreading backlog disease :)

Hi guys,

While waiting for name check status get FOIPA from FBI done. i am from TSC and one of those unlucky 2002 filers.In Dec 2002 and early 2003 nearly 3 million cases were submitted and just because the process wasnt kind of straigtned out led to total randonmness. Probably INS thinks its sent a request and FBI thinks there's no request. Basically many cases are in a limbo. Followed Rahul Kumars advice and sent a FOIPA request for self and spouse on 8th and i got a reply today. It came with no record. Contacted senator from TX and he has made an enquiry and he is probably going to come back saying its because of name check . In the meanwhile waiting for FBI to respond to my email sent on 12th oct. Will use all this and convince the congressman/senator thats its all administrative delay and try and stir the pot.Lets see what that does ? Suggest everyone read Rahul Kumars Name check post on the citizenship forum. God Bless

Cheers

Tanjar

one month to reply

It took them one month to reply to my e-mail. Sent e-mail 09/29/04 and I got the answer on 10/28/04.
Hope this helps.