TSC not accepting valid I-485 application

TigerAmit

Registered Users (C)
Dear Guru's

I got rejection notice from TSC for a valid I-485 application stating that "A Visa number is not available at the present time".

However, I have two I-140 approved one in EB3 with 10-Nov-2004 as PD and another I-140 in EB2 category with 10-Aug-2007 as PD.

It is evident that Based on 10-Nov-2004 my PD is current and my application highlighted the same in bright cover sheet and my application still got rejected.

based on notice we filed the same application back and this time CC'd to ombudsman emphasizing the same fact for PD.

Its been a week we respond to rejection notice and haven't got either acceptance or rejection letter. and haven't heard back from ombudsman.

I am optimistic and would wait to get the response but I am worried since only 5 business days left before the dates get retrogressed.

I would like to know what actions do I need to take "while the date is current"; so that I can pursue my case further after 9/30/2008.

Is there anyway I can talk to ombudsman office and get personal attention to my case.

Guru's please help me out with your experience and ideas.