TSC ND 03/25/04 case transferred !!

saras76

Banned
Guys,

On July 16th I got an email regarding my I-140, I-1485 and my wifes I-1485 informing us that the cases have been transferred to a local office in Miami. The email also says that the local office will forward a written decision to me.

I have several questions/concerns -

1. My ND is 03/25/04 for both I-140 and I-485 and FP is not complete. I am surprised that they have even looked at my application.

2. I know that I-140s do not get processed at the local level, hence an email saying that the I-140 has been forwarded to a local office for processing is very strange.

3. The I-485 notification email says that it will be processed by the local center and that I will receive a written decision from them. I know that I-485 cases get transferred to local offices for interviews after I-140 is done. My notification has no mention of an interview.

I can think of the following scenarios-

1. This is a clarical error.

2. This is part of a new program to reduce backlogs.

3. My I-140 has been approved and the local office will send me a notice of interview once they get my app.

If anyone has had a similar experience please let me know.

thanks,

saras76

I am in the same boat.

My i-140 and i-485 were filed close together, but not concurrently.

Initially they were at TSC, and we also got our fingerprinting done. Then, after about a year the online status said they had been transferred to Miami for "speedy processing" The i-140 had not been approved, and I was confused as I know they do not process these.

I contacted Miami, and they said the transfer to them was a mistake, and the i-140 should go back to TSC for approval. It duly went back there and my PD was becoming current.

Then TSC sent my i-140 back to Miami, still unapproved. I have no idea what is going on!

The RD at Miami is now 14 April 2004. If it had stayed at TSC it would have been approved by now,

What the hell can I do to get my i-140 approved?

Anyone have any ideas?

Koenig

What is your RD/ND

koenig,

What is your RD/ND? Please give me your details. It has only been a month since my case got transferred so I have not heard anything yet. Not sure what is going on here. Hoping they don't screw me over with their mistakes.

thanks,

saras76

Saras76,

I will get my RD/ND to you later today, as it is at home. The transfer date is 14 April 2004.

Last night I called the USCIS National Customer Service Center to find out what is going on. I was transferred to an immigration officer.

I explained that my i-140 was not yet approved and had been transferred to the Miami District Office. I said that it was my understanding that they could not process an i-140, and that this was done at a main service center.

The officer stated that the local office could process an i-140 and that I should continue waiting. He said that they will contact me if they have any questions. I have not received any RFE's for it as of yet. He stated that my original TSC RD would be kept for processing purposes, and not the transfer RD. The date he gave for the transfer was different to the one when checking my case online.

That phone call, if anything, has made me even more confused.

I'll post my RD/ND's tonight.

Regards

Koenig :confused:

Good idea to stay in touch

koenig,

Sone both are cases are so similar it will be a good idea to stay in touch outside of just this forum. Lets communicate through private messages in this forum. I will send one to you right away, just check your prviate messages later on today.

thanks,

saras76

If you don't mind, please keep the forum updated, as I am also interested in your cases. Mine is not as complicated as yours, yet, I still am interested in the progression of events to follow. By the way I was also transferred to Miami.

My date details

i-140
rd 4/17/2003
nd 4/18/2003
online td to miami 4/14/2004

i-485
rd 4/17/2003
nd 4/18/2003
online td to miami 7/3/2003

I am a UK citizen of Indian origin. I work in a County hospital which does hundreds of nursing H1's. I am not doing it through them though.

Any thoughts?

Koenig

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting

Koenig,

It is interesting to note that they transferred your 485 almost a year before they transferred the 140. My only thoughts are that at the time you filed for your 140 and 485 the Fuji memo was not out about approving the cases together and hence the 140 and 485 were kept separate.

Now you had mentioned earlier that Miami sent your I-140 back to TSC and then TSC sent it back to Miami. When did this take place? It is possible that TSC approved the I-140 and sent it back to Miami. Now Miami will approve the 485. These are just my views and I may be wrong.

As for my case, I am an Indian national and here are the details -

I-140 RD - 03/25/2004.

I-1485 RD - 03/25/2004.

I-140 and I-485 transferred to Miami - 07/16/2004.

I have not heard from the Miami office since the transfer.

-saras76

Saras76,

Originally, my files sat at Miami for months. Then, Miami transferred, it seems, only my 140 back to TSC for approval.

The online status showed it was at TSC. I was happy because the PD was becoming current. Just before it became current they sent it back to Miami for approval!

Now I am back to waiting for Miami to pull their finger out.

Koenig

P.S. I should also add that my FP'ing was done about a year ago

Thanks Koenig

Thanks for the information. Lets keep posting the progress of our cases in this thread.

thanks,

saras76

Thought of something

The NSC immigration officer I spoke to said that my original TSC ND would be my PD at Miami.

If this is true then my i-140/i-485 are going to be current in the very, very near future as the latest update has them processing 4/16/2003. My i-485 ND is 4/18/2003!

I hope I'm guessing right. I hate my job and need to change it soon.

Does my logic sound OK? or am I turning into a madman?

Koenig

Lets hope you get approved soon

Koenig,

Hopefully you will get approved soon. I am a little confused though. Why did you talk to an NSC officer. Shouldn't you be dealing with a TSC officer?

thanks,

saras

Koenig,
I am confused how Miami determines the PD of a case. My receipt date in TSC is early April 2002. My case has been in Miami for 3 months. Going by the processing date at Miami, which is currently April, 16, 2003, I should have been approved already.

I don't think we can rely on this date alone.

There must be something else that Miami office uses to determine the PD of a case, since my lawyer says a case can be sitting in Miami anywhere from 3 to 6 months before they touch it, and in extreme cases it could take a year or more.

Sorry,

Meant to say National Customer Service Center. I called the 1-800 number and spoke to an immigration officer there.

Koenig

Not sure about dates

curiousGeorge,

There really is no way of determining how Miami processes cases. Your case is a little different because the I-140 has been approved. You will probably get an interview letter shortly. As for me and Koenig, who knows whats really going on. The best thing for us to do is keep eachother updated on the progress of our cases. We may be able to figure something out this way.

saras

Important update for us

Spoke with my lawyer yesterday about my I-140/I-485 being transferred to Miami for approval.

She said that when she brought this up with the supervisor there they found that my case along with three boxes of other cases had been sent to Miami by mistake.

The supervisor has sent all cases back to Texas for I-140 approval. The online case status has not been updated because they do not have the manpower to do it!

So, sounds like when I called the NSC hotline to enquire, the officer was bluffing when he said it was OK for the district office to approve my I-140.

I am going to call the NSC hotline again and demand someone look into my case and do an update. My I-140 PD is current, and I do not want them losing track of my families files. My lawyer also said that my I-485 should also be done at the same time as I did them concurrently.

This, I doubt, would have any affect on those people whose I-140's have already been approved.

CuriousGeorge,

Do you also post on some of the MCSE sites? Saw someone with the same screenname, and thought it too much of a coincidence.

Koenig

This is crazy !!

Koenig,

Thanks for the update. I am not really sure what is going on here. Maybe my case was in those 3 boxes. Who knows?

Can you do me a favor and let me know what number you have been calling and whom you have been talking to? I would like to get on the phone with someone and figure out what is going on with my case. I do not want this mess to add more confusion to this already screwed up process.

Thanks and keep us posted on your case.

regards,

saras

Called the NSC

Called the NSC and explained the transfer situation with Miami.

She was understanding and agreed that my I-140 PD was overdue.

She opened a case status inquiry, and said I'll get a letter within 30 days.

Fingers and toes crossed!

Koenig