TSC IO - No visa, not in front of officer - chicken and egg?

DesiG

Registered Users (C)
I spoke with an TSC IO today, who told me:

- FP came back fine even though no LUD
- NC cleared

BUT
- no visa numbers available.
- no visa has been allocated to this case
- this case is NOT in front of an officer, nor is it likely to be assigned to one till there are additional visa numbers available.

At this point I asked her "So it is just waiting?... but why, my PD/RD are way earlier than poeple I know who have been approved. Why wasn't it assigned to an officer?"

She replied "I don't know. But you will probably be approved in October."

I don't understand - my profile matches most other approved people, so why wasn't a visa "pre-allocated"? And also, isn't this a chicken and egg thing - you don't have an officer allocated because there is no visa, but no visa will be requested as there is no officer on your case!

So I guess this means I will go back to hibernation till October - when the EB3 dates will probably be October 1999! :mad:

Btw... I was on hold for about 35 minutes. Total call time 40 minutes.

My detais:
EB3 MA PD OCT 2002
I-485 RD 08/2004 (LUD 03/15)
VSC--> TSC 03/07/2007
FP 05/18/07 - apparently came back 05/22

DesiG,
Did you get your EAD approved that was Xferred to TSC. Mine is still pending..
thanks
avi_gc

I spoke with an TSC IO today, who told me:

- FP came back fine even though no LUD
- NC cleared

BUT
- no visa numbers available.
- no visa has been allocated to this case
- this case is NOT in front of an officer, nor is it likely to be assigned to one till there are additional visa numbers available.

At this point I asked her "So it is just waiting?... but why, my PD/RD are way earlier than poeple I know who have been approved. Why wasn't it assigned to an officer?"

She replied "I don't know. But you will probably be approved in October."

I don't understand - my profile matches most other approved people, so why wasn't a visa "pre-allocated"? And also, isn't this a chicken and egg thing - you don't have an officer allocated because there is no visa, but no visa will be requested as there is no officer on your case!

So I guess this means I will go back to hibernation till October - when the EB3 dates will probably be October 1999! :mad:

Btw... I was on hold for about 35 minutes. Total call time 40 minutes.

My detais:
EB3 MA PD OCT 2002
I-485 RD 08/2004 (LUD 03/15)
VSC--> TSC 03/07/2007
FP 05/18/07 - apparently came back 05/22

Hi esiG;1732209,
Last month I raised the same question with a IO, (she was very arrogant), she told me do not try to compare cases, and each case is different, more than the PD and RD, then I asked what it is? she told I cannot tell and are internal issue, and the phone gone dead.
My SR in June got reply, I have to wait for 6 months because of back ground check pending. but I got approved on july 17.
So it is hard to believe them. so you may get approval before oct, who knows USCIS can do anything.

Avi -
Actually, I did a search in the forum here, and someone had suggested faxing TSC to help expedite the case (thanks again Spulla for your help!). I "documented" my need for an AP - (sent them a package), and both EADs and APs were approved last week.

I had also called up TSC, and asked the IO about AP. I explained that I had pre-paid for travel way back, I've never had it take more than a month etc.. etc.. and she emailed the supervisor. I don't know which helped more, but I am very thankful to get the AP just in time (my flight is next week). Don't know how long it would have taken otherwise.

Good-y - thanks very much for the encouraging words, and congratulations on your approval. I personally think since August's VB said Unavailable that nothing much is going to happen till possibly next October (or even next June/July)... but in case someone is listening - tere muh me ghee shukkar! :)

(Thats a Hindi proverb which is loosely similar to "from your lips to God's ears")

Good luck!
DG

The only thing consistent about the USCIS is their inconsistency. Remember there are people who applied for their I-485 back in 2003 and didn't get approved before the big retrogression in 2005, while there are people who applied for the I-485 in 2004 and got approved in 2004 itself.

Do you know when your name check was cleared? If it was just cleared within the past couple of months, that might explain your delay. But other than that, they often operate in a random manner.