Trump executive order suspending immigration signed on April 22nd 2020

Bab69

My parents got their green card approved in Mumbai on March 6th and have the I551 temporary immigrant visa stamped on their passport, they have until August to enter the US. If international flights resume service, they plan to come here by June. Will this new ban prevent them from entering the US? Thank you

Trump's proclamation does not apply to people who have immigrant visas valid on the effective date of the proclamation (April 23), so it does not affect your parents. See section 2(a)(ii):
(a) The suspension and limitation on entry pursuant to section 1 of this proclamation shall apply only to aliens who:
[...]
(ii) do not have an immigrant visa that is valid on the effective date of this proclamation; and

Am HIV positive Nigeria and will be going for my immigrant medical examination immediately the embassy open..(1)should I tell the physician about my health status?
(2)How will the new public charge rule affect me during my interview ,my application is family base.

Am HIV positive Nigeria and will be going for my immigrant medical examination immediately the embassy open..(1)should I tell the physician about my health status?
(2)How will the new public charge rule affect me during my interview ,my application is family base.

1. Yes, am sure it will come up. HIV is not an inadmissible disease.
2. cannot possibly answer properly without knowing your financial or sponsor situation, but you can be expected to show as part of that that you can afford to maintain the cost of medication etc to treat your HIV.

1. Yes, am sure it will come up. HIV is not an inadmissible disease.
2. cannot possibly answer properly without knowing your financial or sponsor situation, but you can be expected to show as part of that that you can afford to maintain the cost of medication etc to treat your HIV.
Thanks for the reply and my sponsor is a my elder sister and she is a RN nurse and she earn round 120,000 dollars yearly .

Thanks for the reply and my sponsor is my elder sister and she is a RN nurse and she earn round 130,000 dollars yearly .
My hospital over here Nigeria also promise to be sending my medication for me yearly.
The one I will be using every year.

She also said she will get me a private health insurance immediately I arrive and she will take responsible for my treatment.

Thanks for the reply and my sponsor is a my elder sister and she is a RN nurse and she earn round 120,000 dollars yearly .
Thanks for the reply and my sponsor is my elder sister and she is a RN nurse and she earn round 130,000 dollars yearly .
My hospital over here Nigeria also promise to be sending my medication for me yearly.
The one I will be using every year.
She also said she will get me a private health insurance immediately I arrive and she will take responsible for my treatment.

yeah I don’t think telling the consulate that a nigerian hospital will be sending you medication is going to work. (I don’t even know if that’s legal under US law, I somehow would doubt it.) Your sister getting you on a health insurance plan and showing how your medication will be covered that way is the route to go.

Dear newacct,
Thanks for your reply back in April. This proclamation has been now extended through December 2020.
My parents are coming in next week. Your answer is still the same right? it should not impact then as , they were issued the immigrant visa prior to April 22nd.
Thanks again,

Dear newacct,
Thanks for your reply back in April. This proclamation has been now extended through December 2020.
My parents are coming in next week. Your answer is still the same right? it should not impact then as , they were issued the immigrant visa prior to April 22nd.
Thanks again,
That's correct. Just make sure they haven't been in Mainland China, Iran, the Schengen Area, the UK, Ireland, or Brazil in the 14 days before they go to the US.