Tri-Valley University

sreeleshk

Registered Users (C)
has any one got any experience with Tri-Valley University ? heard that they provide F1s with no hassle and provide CPT from he moment the person's course commences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I am also planning to join TVU. Trying to get more info on it. Ease of getting admission, online classes, CPT, OPT are the things I heard. Let me know if get more info. Also you can reach me on shans926@yahoo.com

I am also planning to join TVU. Trying to get more info on it. Ease of getting admission, online classes, CPT, OPT are the things I heard. Let me know if get more info. Also you can reach me on shans926@yahoo.com

i was hoping that some one will get me more info about tvu.

hassle free admission, gre, gmat not mandatory, tofel is pretty much the only requirement
low semester fee, OPT, CPT from the day the course starts. no tests, no mandatory online classes, a perfect way to bypass the visa process.

I am studying my PhD at TVU. TVU is the world first University to have live classmeeting in the computer, all of my friends are so impressed and also join. The President has a golden Ruel to office staff: " Every studnet request has to be completed at the same day!", as the student increase, the office sometimes has been delayed in getting back to me, but they are adding more new staffs, so they can keep the golden rule! I am very happy. It is easier to concentrate on my computer, I can ask real questions, everyone see my picture and hear my voice. The university is mainly continue study, for us who can work and study --- to attend class on my computer. As for CPT, for gradaute degree, TVU can approve you for the first day you register class ( mine is so), but i heard for undegraduate, you have ot wait for a year. We have one accreditation and in the process of apply for another 2 accreditation agencies. Check the website
I head most accreditation requires 2 year of operation before apply, we are doing extremely good, since TVU at 2 year old already have accreditation, only thing is that it is an internal accreditaiton, the agency is not recognized by Department of Education, but the other we are applying one year ago is recognized by the Department of Education. I heard we are deferred to March of 2010. The management team is busy everyday to have auditting for the accreditation. Mostlikly we will have it this time, not enoug fund lasttime, now we have lots of students, the univeristy also purchase a new building. I realy hope that we can have it so that my degree is recognized, we are so much deserved, the classes are really good! I mean good quality!

How good is Tri Valley university?

I am studying my PhD at TVU. TVU is the world first University to have live classmeeting in the computer, all of my friends are so impressed and also join. The President has a golden Ruel to office staff: " Every studnet request has to be completed at the same day!", as the student increase, the office sometimes has been delayed in getting back to me, but they are adding more new staffs, so they can keep the golden rule! I am very happy. It is easier to concentrate on my computer, I can ask real questions, everyone see my picture and hear my voice. The university is mainly continue study, for us who can work and study --- to attend class on my computer. As for CPT, for gradaute degree, TVU can approve you for the first day you register class ( mine is so), but i heard for undegraduate, you have ot wait for a year. We have one accreditation and in the process of apply for another 2 accreditation agencies. Check the website
I head most accreditation requires 2 year of operation before apply, we are doing extremely good, since TVU at 2 year old already have accreditation, only thing is that it is an internal accreditaiton, the agency is not recognized by Department of Education, but the other we are applying one year ago is recognized by the Department of Education. I heard we are deferred to March of 2010. The management team is busy everyday to have auditting for the accreditation. Mostlikly we will have it this time, not enoug fund lasttime, now we have lots of students, the univeristy also purchase a new building. I realy hope that we can have it so that my degree is recognized, we are so much deserved, the classes are really good! I mean good quality!

Hello ,

Thanks a lot for your information. I am planning to do my PhD in tri valley university with hope that I would get CPT from first day and that will be able to continue for 5 years. I would like to know if that is ok with USCIS as it will involve new I 20 generation.
When Tri Valley can get accrediation. Can you please help me to know what is approximate date for getting accrediation at Tri Valley. Thank you for your help in advance.

If you keep you full-time PhD F1 status for 5 years, you probablly can, You may also want to check with the University's Office and also SEVIS, if you are in F1, it is SEVIS governing the rule, if you have CPT more than 12 month, you cna not have OPT, if you not mind OPT, you can apply for renoew of you CPT after one year, if the Uiversity and SEVIS approval you, you mush follow all rules, you can have then. You can also confirm that with the University and SEIVS.

Regarding how good TVU is, they are new University apparently not in the Ranking system, but they are very good Unveristy, they following every single rule, and keep good quality of classes, help many people. Regarding how soon they can have accreditation, probally can call the University or the acreditaiton agency or check their website (like minimu time). It is an entire Univeristy comunity joint effort to meet the accreditation criteria, and reach a better level of entire system. It takes whatever it needs to take! If every students and faculty are all making their effort, do everything right, (less noise), in a year of two maybe...

I like to know whether pursuing MS or any Master’s degree program through Tri Valley University will helps us for the eligibility criteria of privileged candidate for H1B under 20, 000 or they will also come under 65, 000 quota.
Also like to know while applying GC this master degree will help us to qualify for EB2 quota???

I am looking for Nursing program in Tri-Valley University,California.Do you think is this a good idea and its actually not accredited by CCNE or NLNAC.Does anyone know if I complete my MSN in this University,will I be eligible to sit for NCLEX and get my License

need help in deciding about Nursing

I had a bachelors in Engineering and when I called Tri Valley to enroll into Bachelors in Nursing and they said I can enroll directly into Masters in Nursing.Do you think is it worth and Can I get License in Nursing if I study MSN in this college

Thank you for your reply, uuu12345.

If you keep you full-time PhD F1 status for 5 years, you probablly can, You may also want to check with the University's Office and also SEVIS, if you are in F1, it is SEVIS governing the rule, if you have CPT more than 12 month, you cna not have OPT, if you not mind OPT, you can apply for renoew of you CPT after one year, if the Uiversity and SEVIS approval you, you mush follow all rules, you can have then. You can also confirm that with the University and SEIVS.

Regarding how good TVU is, they are new University apparently not in the Ranking system, but they are very good Unveristy, they following every single rule, and keep good quality of classes, help many people. Regarding how soon they can have accreditation, probally can call the University or the acreditaiton agency or check their website (like minimu time). It is an entire Univeristy comunity joint effort to meet the accreditation criteria, and reach a better level of entire system. It takes whatever it needs to take! If every students and faculty are all making their effort, do everything right, (less noise), in a year of two maybe...

Thank you very much for your reply, uuu12345. I hope Trai Valley gains popularity due to online classes. It would be very good to enroll in Tri vally and to fullfill dream of pusrsuing part time PhD.

"I hope Trai Valley gains popularity due to online classes."
To clarify that, as I said in the previous post, Tri-Valley University's classes can be acessed remotely, like on TV, just live; But majority of the classes are not on-line classes, since they actaully have a profesor weekly give live lec, not like University of Phenix's classes, just reading, TVU do have one or two in each departmentm, when the classes is first added, there is not enoguh enrollment, they develop them as on-line, just reading. The degree is not a on-line degree, is a regular degree.

TVU is not accredited

TVU is NOT accredited, so you can NOT get a degree from them.
Any "degree" they issue is worthless.
For more, see trackitt /usa-discussion-forums/h1b/512950847/tri-valley-university-cpt-opt
If you use a "degree" from them for any immigration purpose, it would be fraud.
You can also NOT use OPT or CPT from them. Any such use would be fraud.

I like to know whether pursuing MS or any Master’s degree program through Tri Valley University will helps us for the eligibility criteria of privileged candidate for H1B under 20, 000 or they will also come under 65, 000 quota.
Also like to know while applying GC this master degree will help us to qualify for EB2 quota???
It won't do neither, since TVU is not accredited.
Their "degrees" are worthless.
If you try to use them for an H1 or a GC, you would be committing fraud.
Spend your money with a real university, not these fraudsters.

the degrees are worthless, but i thought that its enough to get CPT

Tri Valley has submitted documents for accrediation. They are waiting on accrediation ( I saw on some weblink couple of days ago). If Tri Valley is approved by SEVIS means USCIS and if students are coming on Tri Valley F1 visa then there is no problem. I am not student or promotor of Tri Valley. I m working on H1b and does not know someone who is enrolled in Tri Valley yet. CPT, OPT is not issue as school is approved by SEVIS. CPT from first day, is their own rule, which may be also approved by USCIS as you can not generate CPT I-20 without making SEVIS note, this is what my school ISFO told me when I had CPT few years before. Regarding accrediation, every other university has it at some point or other. You have to give them some time to obtain it. Not every school have it immediately after they are open. I think there is no problem with 20,000 H1b master's quota if you graduate from any SEVIS approved school. About level/quality of education, if you really want decent level of education then you can get only in top 50 ( may be I should say 20) unversities in US.

Remember every university people also follow all rules because they do not want to get in big trouble. They will not be banned but also will be debarred from doing any kind of business in USA, if USCIS found something wrong. To me school looks like started few ( I do not know exact) years before and I never went there in person, so I can not comment on their current level of education, they do have virtual classrooms ( I saw on main website).

Tri Valley has submitted documents for accrediation. They are waiting on accrediation ( I saw on some weblink couple of days ago).
It doesn't matter if they have submitted something, they are NOT accredited.
And if they have submitted something, their submission is not worked on.
On trackitt, somebody posted the relevant notes from the accreditation agency TVU says they have submitted documents to. TVU didn't even come up there.
So, an accreditation is several years away at least.

If Tri Valley is approved by SEVIS means USCIS and if students are coming on Tri Valley F1 visa then there is no problem. I am not student or promotor of Tri Valley. I m working on H1b and does not know someone who is enrolled in Tri Valley yet. CPT, OPT is not issue as school is approved by SEVIS. CPT from first day, is their own rule, which may be also approved by USCIS as you can not generate CPT I-20 without making SEVIS note, this is what my school ISFO told me when I had CPT few years before.
According to the law, 8 CFR 214.2(f), CPT requires that the university can issue recognized degrees. TVU is not accredited, so they can not issue recognized degrees. That means they can NOT issue CPT. If they do, they violate the law.

Regarding accrediation, every other university has it at some point or other. You have to give them some time to obtain it
As long as they don't have accreditation, their degrees are WORTHLESS. Period.

I think there is no problem with 20,000 H1b master's quota if you graduate from any SEVIS approved school.
There is. If you use a "degree" from a non-accredited university for an H1, you commit FRAUD.
That has nothing to do with SEVIS. For the advanced quota you need an advanced degree from an accredited US university. TVU is not accredited.

About level/quality of education, if you really want decent level of education then you can get only in top 50 ( may be I should say 20) unversities in US.
Not quite true.
Accreditation is there to guarantee a basic quality of education. All accredited universities have to have the accepted basic level of education. The top universities of course go far above that, but non-accredited organizations are below that basic quality.

If you know you are doing legal stuff then do not worry.
Using a "degree" from a non-accredited organization like TVU for an H1, GC, or OPT or CPT is NOT legal.

Remember every university people also follow all rules because they do not want to get in big trouble. They will not be banned but also will be debarred from doing any kind of business in USA, if USCIS found something wrong.
And I think TVU will eventually get into trouble with CIS.

To me school looks like started few ( I do not know exact) years before and I never went there in person, so I can not comment on their current level of education, they do have virtual classrooms ( I saw on main website).
It doesn't matter how long ago they started, they need to have accreditation to legally offer degrees and OPT or CPT. As it stands right now, they are essentially a diploma mill.

i know its a crappy place and the degrees are worthless, but i thought that its enough to get CPT

Nope. 8 CFR 214.2(f) says that to issue CPT, the university has to be able to issue recognized degrees. Degrees from a non-accredited organizations are not recognized by anybody.
So, they can NOT issue CPT. If they do, they violate the laws. And people who use CPT from them are also in big trouble, because they would be working illegally.

The relevant section from 8 CFR 214.2(f):
(6) Full course of study.

(i) General . Successful completion of the full course of study must lead to the attainment of a specific educational or professional objective. A course of study at an institution not approved for attendance by foreign students as provided in �§ 214.3(a)(3) does not satisfy this requirement. A "full course of study" as required by section 101(a)(15)(F)(i) of the Act means: (Introductory text revised effective 1/1/03; 67 FR 76256 )

(A) Postgraduate study or postdoctoral study at a college or university, or undergraduate or postgraduate study at a conservatory or religious seminary, certified by a DSO as a full course of study;
(ii) Institution of higher learning . For purposes of this paragraph, a college or university is an institution of higher learning which awards recognized associate, bachelor's, master's, doctorate, or professional degrees.

So, since TVU's "degrees" are not recognized degrees, they can not legally issue F1s, even though they are registered with SEVIS.
And without a legal F1, no OPT or CPT.

Nope. 8 CFR 214.2(f) says that to issue CPT, the university has to be able to issue recognized degrees. Degrees from a non-accredited organizations are not recognized by anybody.
So, they can NOT issue CPT. If they do, they violate the laws. And people who use CPT from them are also in big trouble, because they would be working illegally.

The relevant section from 8 CFR 214.2(f):

So, since TVU's "degrees" are not recognized degrees, they can not legally issue F1s, even though they are registered with SEVIS.
And without a legal F1, no OPT or CPT.

thanks for all the info.. well said.... i appreciate your sharing the info

Origianlly posted by Jo1234, "According to the law, 8 CFR 214.2(f), CPT requires that the university can issue recognized degrees. TVU is not accredited, so they can not issue recognized degrees. That means they can NOT issue CPT. If they do, they violate the law."

You are coming to your own conclusion that university without an accrediation can not issue recognized degree, this is not correct.

Origanally posted by Jo1234, " As long as they don't have accreditation, their degrees are WORTHLESS. Period."

Get your facts corrected, this is not true. Again you are coming to conclusion on your own.

Orginally posted by Jo1234, "There is. If you use a "degree" from a non-accredited university for an H1, you commit FRAUD.
That has nothing to do with SEVIS. For the advanced quota you need an advanced degree from an accredited US university. TVU is not accredited."

You can speak with lawyer or SEVIS people. I already did.

Orginally posted by Jo1234, "Using a "degree" from a non-accredited organization like TVU for an H1, GC, or OPT or CPT is NOT legal."

Students got F1 visa for Tri Valley, it is SEVIS approved. They have PhD faculties from good universities ( I can only see on website and assume it is true). Why do faculties jon them then? Do you even know how CPT is approved? You are under impression that CPT is just between school and student. You are absolutely wrong. That goes on your SEVIS id and it stays there like a record.

Orgianally posted by Jo1234,"Accreditation is there to guarantee a basic quality of education. All accredited universities have to have the accepted basic level of education. The top universities of course go far above that, but non-accredited organizations are below that basic quality."

I agree about you here. But if any university is functional for long time and could not receive an accrediation then I can understand that it is not meeting basic level of education. Tri Vally may be functioning since few years ( I do not know how much), so how you can say it is not meeting basic level of education? Just university's accrediation is in process, you can conclude that it is not good. Why are you jumping to conclusions? What do you think everybody is bending law here?

Origianlly posted by Jo1234, "And I think TVU will eventually get into trouble with CIS. It doesn't matter how long ago they started, they need to have accreditation to legally offer degrees and OPT or CPT. As it stands right now, they are essentially a diploma mill. "

Who told you university needs accrdiation to offer CPT or OPT? Show me where it is written? I am still sure that you never have been on CPT and you don't quite know how it works.