Travelling with I551 stamp Information.

mugdha2100

Registered Users (C)
I am very discouraged to read that after I485 approval also, I still have to get visitor visa for the country I am just stopping for a flight change. Can we make the list of airlines and write the stops and check if visitor visa is required or not? Guys, please keep on adding the information.
This might be useful to lot of people like me.
Thanks,
Mugdha.

Airlines..........................Stop-Over..............................Requires Visitor Visa?
ALITALIA
Asiana
Air India..........................non-stop (fuel stop only)..........................No(all nationals)
Air India..........................London
Air Canada
Air France
British Airways
CATHAY PACIFIC---------Hongkong-------------No for indian nationals,
Eva Air
KUWAIT AIRWAYS
LUFTHANSA
MALAYSIA AIRLINES
NorthWest-KLM..........................Amsterdam..........................No for indian nationals
SINGAPORE AIRLINES

Last edited by a moderator:
Northwest Air lines via Amsterdam - Safe with AP also

Northwest Air lines via Amsterdam do not requires any Transit Visa...I was travelling on AP & it was KOOL...therfore, I dont see any problem for I-551 to travell thru Amsterdam...

Add ONE more column to your List - "Nationality"

Also, add ONE more column "Nationality" to above list...I am Indian National & Indians dont require "Transit" visa while travelling thru Amsterdam but "Certain" Nationals DO REQUIRE transit visa travelling via Amsterdam...

Best way is to call respective Counsulates before booking your tickets - Amsterdam (Dutch counsulate), London (British), Frakfurt (Germany), Paris (French), tell them:
- you are travelling on AP or I-551
- Your nationality
- tell them that you are not going in town for sight seeing & whether you requires Transit Visa while waiting for change over of plane

I called Ducth counsulate at Chicago (and also LA) to cross check what my air line/booking agent is talking about!

Airlines..........................Stop-Over..............Requires Visitor Visa?
CATHAY PACIFIC---------Hongkong-------------No
Singapore

Help

Mugdha,

do you know if the local office will stamp my passport based on the online approval printout? Please let me know immediately since i am holding an appt for tomorrow at the local office?

I am sorry ibcd92, I do not know that.

I believe you need a atleast courtesy copy for stamping. And that is what immigration officer asked us first after info pass.

Also, my online message still says that they got the response to the RFE etc etc... It is not changed to approved status yet. So, I do not know how much we should rely on the online message.

But as you are able to take an info pass, I think it won't hurt to try. Let us know your experience.

Thanks,
Mugdha.

Ask your lawyer to fax you the copy of approval. Original goes to him. My lawyer sent me copy of original ... but it was after I got my passport stamped. As I had courtesy copy already, I did not ask her to fax the copy.

Mugdha.