Travelling using AP

tsc_src02179

Registered Users (C)
Me and my wife are planning to visit India April 22nd.
My Visa expired last year. My wife H1B visa is still valid till 2005. Our AP's and EAD's are valid. We have two copies fof AP each valid till November this year.

We moved two weeks ago . So the address on the AP is not the one I am living now. Submitted AR11, called UCIS and changed the address. My attorney sent a letter to TSC to change the address. I have the copy of the letter sent by my attorney.

I had to get a new passport on March 29, with the old address.

I have used AC21 to change employers. I have the employment and vacation letters. I work in Sanfrancisco and my case is in TSC .

We have applied for British Visa for a 4 day stay on our way back .

Given the magnitude of changes is it advisable to travel. If so what are the documents we need to carry ad how many copies.

We are going Sanfrancisco- Heathrow - Dubai - Hyderabad
the same route on our way back with a 4 day stop over in London.

PoE is Sanfrancisco.

Please Advice.

Thanks in advance.

Travelling using AP
Me and my wife are planning to visit India April 22nd.
My Visa expired last year. My wife H1B visa is still valid till 2005. Our AP's and EAD's are valid. We have two copies of AP each valid till November this year.

We moved two weeks ago . So the address on the AP is not the one I am living now.
----- That is not a problem they will just check your I-485 pending A# at POE
Submitted AR11, called UCIS and changed the address. My attorney sent a letter to TSC to change the address. I have the copy of the letter sent by my attorney.
----- That is good, keep the copy show only if they ask, better keep your EAD also with you. Someone who entered last week at Newark NJ was asked EAD (law does not say that one must have EAD in hand if enter with AP) keep the I-485 filing receipts with you show at POE only if asked
I had to get a new passport on March 29, with the old address.
------ Keep both the passports stapled in future
I have used AC21 to change employers. I have the employment and vacation letters. I work in Sanfrancisco and my case is in TSC .

We have applied for British Visa for a 4-day stay on our way back.

Given the magnitude of changes is it advisable to travel. If so what are the documents we need to carry ad how many copies.
----- You must carry your both the passports stapled (expired and new) your original AP copies and I-485 filing receipts keep also EAD, your wife should have her Passport, original AP documents, I-485 filing receipts

We are going Sanfrancisco- Heathrow - Dubai - Hyderabad
the same route on our way back with a 4 day stop over in London.

PoE is Sanfrancisco.
-------- Show the AP at POE and both should be back before AP expires

**** Your wife can also use her H1B visa stamp to enter if she is maintaining H1 status and want to be on H1 status, she needs not to enter on AP if she has H1Visa stamp, she can show passport Visa and will be admited on H1