Travelling to Third country on RTD

paradisecity

Registered Users (C)
Guys, I am contemplating to visit third country(ie india) to see my family. Since, the latest check on updates for I-485, it says it could take as long as 9 months to get a GC. So I was wondering if there would be any problems returning to the US with 2-3 months visit in third country. Any geniune thoughts on this matter will be appreciated.

I have seen people posting here and there in forum and not having any problems as long as they visited their family or whoever at the third country. But just to be on safe side it is important to make sure no one ever had problems while entering US with RTD.

Guys, I am contemplating to visit third country(ie india) to see my family. Since, the latest check on updates for I-485, it says it could take as long as 9 months to get a GC. So I was wondering if there would be any problems returning to the US with 2-3 months visit in third country. Any geniune thoughts on this matter will be appreciated.

I have seen people posting here and there in forum and not having any problems as long as they visited their family or whoever at the third country. But just to be on safe side it is important to make sure no one ever had problems while entering US with RTD.

This is totally appropriate within the meaning of all laws pertaining to asylees. Although I have never done that I am sure that if I needed to, I would.

You may be asked to send the proof of your accomodation in third country before your case will be processed.
I know because that happened to one of my friends. Nothing scary. They just want to make sure that you were there, not traveled to your COP. Be prapared to keep all your bills and statements and good luck.

Thanks vdostoi1 and rustik!

This information is helpful not only to me, but also to anyone who is travelling to third country to see their family. I will keep that in mind to keep all the proofs such as bills and statements while at third country.

Anyone else, who has visited their family in third country, please post your experiences here.

What are you talking about? Why would anyone have problems entering after visiting family in 3rd country??????????????

exactly

wantmygcnow you are correct...... that is why i always end any comments by saying STOP THE PARANOIA..... why would you have any problems by Visiting family in a thrid country???? from where people comes up with such ideas??? I guess people histories have became all people afraid of all type of travels.....

Im 100 % sure that very soon, someone will come and ask if there would be any problem if visiting to COP as an US citizen obtained via GC based on asylum..... Unreal.....

Last edited by a moderator:
wantmygcnow you are correct...... that is why i always end any comments by saying STOP THE PARANOIA..... why would you have any problems by Visiting family in a thrid country???? from where people comes up with such ideas??? I guess people histories have became all people afraid of all type of travels.....

Im 100 % sure that very soon, someone will come and ask if there would be any problem if visiting to COP as an US citizen obtained via GC based on asylum..... Unreal.....

And we will answer: may be some problems duaring the retirement... or collecting social security. :)

Well its not about spreading paranoia. People ask questions to make sure that what one is doing is right or wrong. Anyone, who thinks asking questions is paronoia then that is the most idiotic statement I have ever heard. Now regarding travelling on RTD to third country, the question comes after reading the statement released by USCIS on travel overseas by asylees. It says RTD doesnt guarantee admission to the US. So, the original post was created to share experiences from those of you who have travelled to see their family in third country. I do not think on the original post that I exclusively said "there would be problems", I rather asked if there would be any? And how to make proper judgements on ambivalent situations and what to do during travels like someone suggested keeping records of bills and statements, if I didnt ask that question how would I (and others) have kept in mind to keep the statements?

What are you talking about? Why would anyone have problems entering after visiting family in 3rd country??????????????

If I knew, WHY?, do you think I would have asked the question?

IMPORTANT NOTE: I am NEITHER a Moderator, NOR a Lawyer. So act accordingly.

If I knew, WHY?, do you think I would have asked the question?

IMPORTANT NOTE: I am NEITHER a Moderator, NOR a Lawyer. So act accordingly.

Your question is very stupid. Dont want to be rude here but I am past that. ANytime you renter U.S, you are analyzed to make sure you are still eligible for entry. In other words, did you kill someone and left? Did you do anything bad? Violated any laws..Thats #1...#2 is the part that if you are still valid asylee as thats what your class is.

SO your question about visiting family in 3rd country makes no sense. YEs you can ofcourse. But if you go and kill few and then visit your family..then YES you have a problem.

Your question should have been..."Hey guys I am thinking of going out of country, what extra documents do i need to be sure?"

IMPORTANT NOTE: I am NEITHER a Moderator, NOR a Lawyer. But I like to answer questions that are lost in translation.

Well its not about spreading paranoia. People ask questions to make sure that what one is doing is right or wrong. Anyone, who thinks asking questions is paronoia then that is the most idiotic statement I have ever heard. Now regarding travelling on RTD to third country, the question comes after reading the statement released by USCIS on travel overseas by asylees. It says RTD doesnt guarantee admission to the US. So, the original post was created to share experiences from those of you who have travelled to see their family in third country. I do not think on the original post that I exclusively said "there would be problems", I rather asked if there would be any? And how to make proper judgements on ambivalent situations and what to do during travels like someone suggested keeping records of bills and statements, if I didnt ask that question how would I (and others) have kept in mind to keep the statements?

When you are an asylee you are an alien. Everytime you enter the US with a RTD you are an applicant for admission under the law. So as a legal matter you will not be admitted until you prove to the DHS officer that you are entitled to admission. So we have the language of no guarantee of admission. As a practical matter virtually everyone with a RTD is admitted. Even when you have a criminal issue or something like that you will have full due process rights to hearings and judicial review.