Travelling to Canada from US: Covid Test name, cheapest and fastest results

chandu20

I am Canadian, visiting Canada from US. I see following information for Covid testing before entering through Canadian border (driving). Where to get Covid testing in US? How early I can get the test results (if you see below, test should not be more than 72 hours old)? I think the test is known as Molecular Test (a.k.a pcr). I think antigen test results are not acceptable.

"All travellers 5 years of age or older, regardless of citizenship, must provide proof of a COVID-19 test result to enter Canada. All travellers must provide one of the accepted types of tests, not an antigen test, including those who are fully vaccinated. You must take a test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time to Canada."

Just type Covid test and your location into Google. All the pharmacy chains and many medical companies do them, and many places have localized testing sites too. You may need to book the test in advance to ensure you can get the test done at the time you need. CVS has been taking 1-2 days for pcr tests (I got my last two 26-28 hours after testing), you will need to check with each supplier as their lab turnaround times differ.

Indeed. Most border town pharmacies, even the independent ones, offer these tests, usually with quick turnaround. Call around. The price range is $125-150 US. Turnaround is the key as Susie points out.