travelling question

Hello,

Hello, :)

It's safe to travel within the United States as long as you have an ID (US government issued). With an ID, I have traveled to Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and other places. The last time I flew anywhere within the US was about a month ago (the last week of January 2006); I live in Richmond (Virginia), and I flew to Chicago and then to San Francisco. I am planning to fly in April as well.

I don't know if you can use a non-us passaport or a school ID. You can call one of the airlines you would like to use and ask them if that's acceptable.

Good luck!!! :)

lala5 said:
Hello, :)

It's safe to travel within the United States as long as you have an ID (US government issued). With an ID, I have traveled to Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and other places. The last time I flew anywhere within the US was about a month ago (the last week of January 2006); I live in Richmond (Virginia), and I flew to Chicago and then to San Francisco. I am planning to fly in April as well.

I don't know if you can use a non-us passaport or a school ID. You can call one of the airlines you would like to use and ask them if that's acceptable.

Good luck!!! :)

lala5,
r u undocumented? how can undocumented ppl have ids that are issued by US government?
I traveled once to New York with my school (a school program) My teacher told me that students under the age of 18 can show student id, however, if ur 18 or older, u need to show them passport. And I believe they look at ur passport just to check if ur name on the plane ticket and passport are the same because my friends' cousins, who have lived here illegally for 10 years, traveled from Seattle to SF and they didn't have any problem at the airport.
So I believe it's ok to travel even though ur undocumented

Hello,

Yes, I am undocumented. :)

I was born in Colombia, and I came here when I was 12 years old (about 6 years ago). I am a senior at a high school in Virginia. I got an ID before all the immigration laws became strickter (sometime in 2001).

Good luck!! :)

lala5 said:
Yes, I am undocumented. :)

I was born in Colombia, and I came here when I was 12 years old (about 6 years ago). I am a senior at a high school in Virginia. I got an ID before all the immigration laws became strickter (sometime in 2001).

Good luck!! :)

you are very lucky for that :)
i iwsh i was able to get mine :(

emiko said:
lala5,
r u undocumented? how can undocumented ppl have ids that are issued by US government?
I traveled once to New York with my school (a school program) My teacher told me that students under the age of 18 can show student id, however, if ur 18 or older, u need to show them passport. And I believe they look at ur passport just to check if ur name on the plane ticket and passport are the same because my friends' cousins, who have lived here illegally for 10 years, traveled from Seattle to SF and they didn't have any problem at the airport.
So I believe it's ok to travel even though ur undocumented

has anyone over 18 travelled with just a student id? i wanna travel but too scared to risk it...

Don't be afraid

I am 100% sure you can travel anywhere in the US even though you're undocumented. Going to another state is not different from going to another city. If you need identification, you can show your passport or student ID. All they need is to see your picture and your name, to make sure you are not travelling on someone else's plane ticket. I've done it many many times. I came to the US when I was 11, but I was not in the US from 16-19. When I came back, I didn't get my driver's license until I was 23, so from 19-23 years old I just used my passport around or the school ID from a skills center where I enrolled at. I flew to Nevada and Reno and Illinois and Florida a few times with family and friends.

To Lala5

TO LALA5

You got a state ID at 13 years old? Did they ask you what you needed it for? A few years ago, some members of my family were visiting the US and we thought it would be a good idea for them to get a CA DL or ID, my aunt and uncle were able to get their IDs and my niece, too. But when we were applying, they almost didn't give my niece one because they thought she was a 12 or 13, she was already 17 so they let her apply after she showed her passport that she's not a kid.

Hey,

To Bella Blues :)

Yeah, I got my ID when I was around 13 years old, and they didn't say anything. I am very happy that I was able to obtain one.

Have a great day!!! :)