Travelling on STEM Extension Pending..??

jumbo07

Hello,

I'm in a complicated situation. Please help me out!

I took the OPT EXTENSION I-20 from DSO on October 22 nd and sent the package on Nov 4 and USCIS received on NOV 6th. They send back my application packet on NOV 18 due to the cheque i sent to them(I sent $340 instead $380, which is happened because my school website had wrong information). I received the returned packet on Nov 20 and on the very same day I reported the data discrepancy to school DSO. So DSO gave a cover letter stating it is their mistake and don't penalise me.

Without checking the date on my I-20, I mailed the application packet back USCIS. Now my packed reached USCIS on Nov 30 for the second time which after 38 days from the date DSO generated the I-20.

After discussing with my friends, I came to know about this mistake very recently. Now my current 12 opt also expired. It's been over 100 days since USCIS received my application, but it is still in pending process.

I'm really worried about my application.

1) what are the chances of it is getting rejected ? Will they directly reject or ask for additional information ??
2) will USCIS consider the letter from DSO & approve it even it is 8 days late??
3) what can I do if it denied, as I know my current OPT is already expired, can I apply again ??
4) if they deny my application, can I appeal their decision??. ( because it due to wrong information in school website)
5) Do you want me send another I-20 and cover letter explaining my situation. Will they accept if we send additional documents without RFE?? ( my DSO is saying wait until they make some decision, what if they directly reject). PLEASE HELP ME.