Travelling On NP & RTD !!!

Silverspoon

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone

I had posted threads before regarding travelling on RTD to middleast countries which they do not except. I appreciate everyone's help here, and their feedbacks were really helpful.Now i have a quick question if you guys can give me some advice.I have a family emergency due to which i have to travel and i was wondering if i can renew my national passport and travel on it and come back with my RTD.Is that possible ???or will i have problem if i travel back to us on RTD. cuz i have tired everything and i can get a visa on my rtd, and there is no way i can travel to that county with my RTD .I have just filed for my I-485...and will it effect my case in anyway if i renew my national passport???.Your responses will be greatly appreciated.Thankyou once again all for you time.

I am assuming you 're a refugee or asylee, there is no way for you to renew your NP, if you do then you are in trouble........
Yes, it will affect big time your case, you have to forget about NP for few years......
good luck...

I think you can renew your NP if you are in need of travel. You'll have to disclose to USICIS if asked why you renewed your NP. Just tell them the same story that you have posted and you'll be fine. Also when next you apply for a refugee travel document you'll have to disclose it when asked on the application.

I think you can renew your NP if you are in need of travel. You'll have to disclose to USICIS if asked why you renewed your NP. Just tell them the same story that you have posted and you'll be fine. Also when next you apply for a refugee travel document you'll have to disclose it when asked on the application.

Yes, just be honest. Also, it may be worth attempting to expedite the RTD. There have been a number of threads on how to do this.

Hello everyone

I had posted threads before regarding travelling on RTD to middleast countries which they do not except. I appreciate everyone's help here, and their feedbacks were really helpful.Now i have a quick question if you guys can give me some advice.I have a family emergency due to which i have to travel and i was wondering if i can renew my national passport and travel on it and come back with my RTD.Is that possible ???or will i have problem if i travel back to us on RTD. cuz i have tired everything and i can get a visa on my rtd, and there is no way i can travel to that county with my RTD .I have just filed for my I-485...and will it effect my case in anyway if i renew my national passport???.Your responses will be greatly appreciated.Thankyou once again all for you time.

i used my national passport to go to kuwait and dubai to visit family members, middle eastern countries dont accept RTD,
when i arrived back at SFO, i used my RP document,

i have no problems, i go to middle east once a year using my NP, i never have any problems at american airports

you 're happy because you 've never been to secondary inspection. beleive me , you ll change your mind after. Like I said earlier I do not encourage an aslyee or refugee to renew NP and use NP. But every case is different ....good luck

He is an asylee whose green card is still pending. As such he must have a RTD to return to the United States.

I came back recently from Cairo. Egypt. I left the US using my NP. Upon arrival, i bought an entry visa from the Window before i approched the Egyptian immigration officer and he stamped my RP no problem
"Egypt recognizes the RP". When i arrived at the POE, i handed the IO my NP+GC to test him and he stamped my NP and no problem at all. I believe the USCIS system is kinda strange.

I came back recently from Cairo. Egypt. I left the US using my NP. Upon arrival, i bought an entry visa from the Window before i approched the Egyptian immigration officer and he stamped my RP no problem
"Egypt recognizes the RP". When i arrived at the POE, i handed the IO my NP+GC to test him and he stamped my NP and no problem at all. I believe the USCIS system is kinda strange.

He is talking about RTD and you are talking about RP. They are totally differnt things in respect to the status etc. What you did is totally good and valid and USCIS doesnt care.

In USCIS law book, you only need a GC to renter the country. They only worry about RP when you tell them you were out of country for more than 6 months.