Travelling on AP - via Paris

abdul75

Registered Users (C)
I searched the forums, but I'm getting conflicting information. I'm travelling on Air-India via Paris, do I need a Airport Transit visa? (plane stops for 1.5 hours, passengers don't deplane).

My H1-B stamp expired last year.

Your advice would be highly appreciated.

abdul75 said:
I searched the forums, but I'm getting conflicting information. I'm travelling on Air-India via Paris, do I need a Airport Transit visa? (plane stops for 1.5 hours, passengers don't deplane).

My H1-B stamp expired last year.

Your advice would be highly appreciated.

If you have valid and unexpired H1-B in your passport, then you do not need Visa. Otherwise, even if you have AP or EAD, you still need Visa. Thats my understanding.

Really....!!? My family is travelling on Air-India via Frankfort traveling with AP and EAD(plane stops for 1.5 hours, passengers don't deplane).

They also need take Airport Transit visa?
I dont think So!? any recent experiances!!?

You may need transit visa

Last year I inquired from the German Consulate in Atlanta and in NewYork.. and they have given the conflicting answeres.... Atlant consulate said that with AP you don't need a transit Visa but the New York consulate said that I do need the Transit visa even though I have AP.....
So better confirm first before you go to the airport....

Nimmi said:
Really....!!? My family is travelling on Air-India via Frankfort traveling with AP and EAD(plane stops for 1.5 hours, passengers don't deplane).

They also need take Airport Transit visa?
I dont think So!? any recent experiances!!?

After talking to UK consulate in Chicago, I got my UK DAT visa for me and my family in 5 days. We have APs and expired Visas in passports.

unless you have unexpired visa stamped in your passport, you need DAT(Direct Air Transit) visa.

I think you need a trandit visa if visa expires

Hi,

I think you need a Transit visa if your visa expires on the passport. we r plannin go to India in the next week via Frankfurt (just 1.5 hrs) stop and we called up German consulate they asked if we have a valid visa or GC ,we said no and they said we must have a Transit visa. We went to the consulate and gave the Application,Original Passport and showed the Original EAD and AP they gave the passport 2 days after with the visa stamping thats valid for 30 days.

Few of my friends travelled thru Air India with same break with out any validity of visa in the passport they didn't questioned by anyone..But Its always better to have when they check it..

Hope this info helps you...

Thanks,

I am also on the same boat...my family is going on June12th....so did you go to SFO,CA German consulate !!?

so u have to give ur passport and AP then after 2 days they will stomp and give it us back!!?

can u tell me more abt it....it will be more helpful...!!!
Thnaks in advance...

Kansar,
I am also planning to travel via Frankfurt.You said the German Consulate stamped the transit visa valid for only 30 days.What happens if we stay more than 30 days in India and again returning via Frankfurt.Do we need to apply again for the transit visa or can we travel back with the expired transit.
Any idea about this situation?
Thanks.