Travelling on AP from JFK - Need Advice

akela

Registered Users (C)
I am travelling on AP and I am carrying all original Advance Parole papers and my EAD. I am trvelling from JFK, New York. Can anyone share their experience about emmigration and do I need to carry any other paers!!

Thanks in advance,
akela

Shouldn't be a problem

akela said:
I am travelling on AP and I am carrying all original Advance Parole papers and my EAD. I am trvelling from JFK, New York. Can anyone share their experience about emmigration and do I need to carry any other paers!!

Thanks in advance,
akela

I recently travelled from JFK on AP. No problem. They ask for the AP when you enter the country, they don't care when you're leaving.

However, depending on the passport you hold, some countries require transit visas for people who don't have a valid US visa (H1, B1, etc). if you're transiting through another country to your final destination, contact your airline to check if a transit visa is required.

On your return, expect to be sent for "secondary processing" when you present your AP. No big deal, except you have to wait for some more time while the immigration folks review and process your entry.