Traveling with Advance Parole

chaimdan

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Finally received my Advance Parole today, I actually received before I saw any online update on their website, so obviously their not synched.

I received two papers with my picture on it etc.... Question is I heard that sometime they take away one by the border etc.... Does that mean I can only leave twice? I asked for a multipe entry, and I plan on traveling to Canada a few times, is there any way for me to keep those papers? Anyone have any experience? Thanks in advance.

Chaim

chaimdan said:
Hi,

Finally received my Advance Parole today, I actually received before I saw any online update on their website, so obviously their not synched.

I received two papers with my picture on it etc.... Question is I heard that sometime they take away one by the border etc.... Does that mean I can only leave twice? I asked for a multipe entry, and I plan on traveling to Canada a few times, is there any way for me to keep those papers? Anyone have any experience? Thanks in advance.

Chaim

The procedure is different at different POEs. At some, they take one sheet for their records and stamp the other and give it back to you; at others, they make a copy and return both sheets back to you after they stamp one.

As long as your AP mentiones "Multiple Entry", you can use the same sheet multiple times as long as it is valid. The officer at POE would stamp the same AP everytime you enter. Remember that you "might" have to go for secondary inspection if you use your AP to enter US.

Ari thanks a lot for your response...

So basically using it is optional for me? Can I just show it to them if I have problems? what would I tell them I was coming for? (just show them my EAD?)

I actually had problems last time I entered from Toronto (before I applied for GC) and they were suspicious of why I was coming here so often, that's why I applied for a GC.....

Thanks again

No, no no....you NEED your AP to travel, that is your travel document. Your EAD is NOT a travel document! and actually if you read the little letters in your EAD card states not for travel.

Don't confuse the documents and get in trouble :rolleyes: . You are an adjustee, you are in pending AOS and they know that you are in that process because you will be already in the system and you MUST show your travel document with your passport. Without the AP you won't be able to re-enter unless you carry a dual intent visa that allows you to do so, like H1B and others.

At the POE they can ask you where you coming from and what you were doing there. And as Ari says, sometimes you would have to go to secondary inspection.

chaimdan said:
Ari thanks a lot for your response...

So basically using it is optional for me? Can I just show it to them if I have problems? what would I tell them I was coming for? (just show them my EAD?)

I actually had problems last time I entered from Toronto (before I applied for GC) and they were suspicious of why I was coming here so often, that's why I applied for a GC.....

Thanks again

You need AP to travel. Here is little information i collected as to what you can expect at the POE. Not many have replied but i guess this is a standard procedure. http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=197954

I just came back from Europe using AP. You have to show them both copies. Officer will stamp both copies and will keep one copy. Next time you travel they will attach different sheet to your second AP where are blocks for many other stamps. So don't worry, your AP is for many entries. I came back throught Miami.