Traveling to India without I94

kumarg55

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I need your suggestion with the below situation.

When me and my spouse attended the Green Card interview in 2009 ‘ Feb the immigration officer took our EAD cards, AP documents , I 94 cards saying that he will be able to approve the green card but will have to discuss with his supervisor. Later after couple of days he called the attorney we hired for the interview and said that since the visa number is not available he will not be able to approve the green card and returned the EAD cards , AP documents to the attorney but he did not return the I 94 cards.

I took a info pass and talked to one of the supervisors and asked about my I 94 card and she said that they do not carry it as they had sent it to department who tracks the departure and arrival records.

Now my question is can I travel to India without my I 94 card submitting at the check in, What do I have to say when they ask for the I 94 cards. I have a valid AP documents and EAD cards. Please let me know what I need to do?

Thank you very much in advance for your suggestion.

Gurus,

I need your suggestion with the below situation.

When me and my spouse attended the Green Card interview in 2009 ‘ Feb the immigration officer took our EAD cards, AP documents , I 94 cards saying that he will be able to approve the green card but will have to discuss with his supervisor. Later after couple of days he called the attorney we hired for the interview and said that since the visa number is not available he will not be able to approve the green card and returned the EAD cards , AP documents to the attorney but he did not return the I 94 cards.
-------------------Officer was supposed to give you your I-94 back.
I took a info pass and talked to one of the supervisors and asked about my I 94 card and she said that they do not carry it as they had sent it to department who tracks the departure and arrival records.
-------------------- You should have informed supervisor that your I-94 is taken by officer and you need I-94 back as GC is not approved and if they don’t give I-94 back then how do you prove your status in US. go to the office again and ask for the I-94 so that they correct the mistake. Let your lawyer also write a letter that why your I-94 has not been given back after interview. Take the lawyer letter to office where they took I-94

Now my question is can I travel to India without my I 94 card submitting at the check in, What do I have to say when they ask for the I 94 cards.
----------Inform what has happened. Write a letter with full details and give it to airline counter and keep evidence of your departure like Airline ticket, flight boarding pass with you so that if in future USCIS ask you about I-94 you can explain. For more info talk to your lawyer.

I have a valid AP documents and EAD cards. Please let me know what I need to do?
---for entry to US you can use AP and if you have valid Visa stamp then show the valid Visa stamp and they will give you new I-94 when enter USThank you very much in advance for your suggestion.

------