Traveling to home country.

Zumrad

Registered Users (C)
I was merried to UC citezen and received my temporary GG. I want to visit my home country. I was out of status for 3 years and afraid if it is safe to visit home country with temporary green card.
I need your help. Will there any problems in rentrying US after my visit to home country, because of my previous out of status?
Also I am having some problems with my husbund and want to seperate. What are my chances of receiving permanent GC?
Thank you all.

Hi Zumrad,
I received my temporary GC on June 07 just like you through married a U.S. Citizen and I went to visit my country in Agosto/07 for three weeks without any problem, and later in February 08 I went again for one week. I was out of status for 9 years. So you can go visit your country, but What I think is that I would not be there for more than 3 months.
I hope my experiences help you.

You can freely go as long as you want (if you go for more than a year, you need a re-entry permit though).

It is not a "temporary" green card. It is a "conditional" green card, meaning that your status will have to be verified again within 2 years.
Other than that, your green card is as good as a 10-year green card. You can work and travel freely.

You can freely go as long as you want (if you go for more than a year, you need a re-entry permit though).

Ok, I know you said but I just want to hear again. I got my interview approved yesterday. If I travel home for less than a year, I don't need an entry permit?

Hi Zumrad,
I received my temporary GC on June 07 just like you through married a U.S. Citizen and I went to visit my country in Agosto/07 for three weeks without any problem, and later in February 08 I went again for one week. I was out of status for 9 years. So you can go visit your country, but What I think is that I would not be there for more than 3 months.
I hope my experiences help you.

Thank you Dayana.
I am kind of afraid of my husband if he can heart me "somehow" while I will be out of country.
Because I don't feel confidence about people at all now.

It is not a "temporary" green card. It is a "conditional" green card, meaning that your status will have to be verified again within 2 years.
Other than that, your green card is as good as a 10-year green card. You can work and travel freely.

Hi Sarrebal,
Thxs for input.
So what kind of re-entry permit at all required in that case?

I am kind of afraid of my husband if he can heart me "somehow" while I will be out of country.
Do you mean hurt?

I suppose he could complicate your situation by filing for divorce. But divorce takes time, and will probably require you to sign some papers, so I don't think he could get a divorce done in the short time you are outside the US.

if you want to travel to your country is not problem, just not stay there longer than 3 months