Traveling outside US with I-485 application pending

Angel2012

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody

My RTD finally arrived a couple days ago and I’m traveling outside US next week, at the same time I have my I-485 pending. My question is: if I travel outside US with my application still pending , is this going to affect my application in a negative way ???
Appreciate any info or comment about this matter. -Angel

Hi
did u have a separate fingerprint for each of ur application or u only had a singingle fingerpront for both app.when did u send ur applications

asylees/refugess can travel on their RTD even with their I-485 application pending. this immigration status is one of the few categories that has such benefit. check following text extracted from uscis website:

"Asylee or Refugee Adjustment to Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) Status:

While your I-485 is pending, you are permitted to travel outside the United States, but you must have a valid Refugee Travel Document to reenter the United States. You can apply for a refugee travel document by filing Form I-131, Application for Travel Document. Due to new security procedures, allow for 150 days prior to beginning travel to obtain a travel document."

here is the link if u want to check it out urself: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=3a82ef4c766fd010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD

gd lk