Travel

GC traveler

hi
I spent 6 months in India then returned to US (November mid i returned to US ) now i want to go India and spend 6 months there, can i travel with in a month? Does it affect my Green Card status? or do i need to take any special permission?

Is there any particular reason you got a green card without intentions of living in the US?
Green Card = Permanent Resident in the US.
You may be ok re-entering the US having spent 12 out of 13 mos overseas, or CBP might think otherwise and let you off with a lecture.

hi
I spent 6 months in India then returned to US (November mid i returned to US ) now i want to go India and spend 6 months there, can i travel with in a month? Does it affect my Green Card status? or do i need to take any special permission?
You're spending way more time outside the US than in it, I'd expect a lecture on your next return & possibly a notation in your passport
What proof of residence in the US do you have to show a CBP officer if he asks? home? tax returns? driver license? job? studies? ...

You can figure out for yourself how well you fit this - i've bolded the bits you might find relevant.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/international-travel-permanent-resident

Permanent residents are free to travel outside the United States, and temporary or brief travel usually does not affect your permanent resident status. If it is determined, however, that you did not intend to make the United States your permanent home, you will be found to have abandoned your permanent resident status. A general guide used is whether you have been absent from the United States for more than a year. Abandonment may be found to occur in trips of less than a year where it is believed you did not intend to make the United States your permanent residence. While brief trips abroad generally are not problematic, the officer may consider criteria such as whether your intention was to visit abroad only temporarily, whether you maintained U.S. family and community ties, maintained U.S employment, filed U.S. income taxes as a resident, or otherwise established your intention to return to the United States as your permanent home. Other factors that may be considered include whether you maintained a U.S. mailing address, kept U.S. bank accounts and a valid U.S. driver’s license, own property or run a business in the United States, or any other evidence that supports the temporary nature of your absence.

You're spending way more time outside the US than in it, I'd expect a lecture on your next return & possibly a notation in your passport
What proof of residence in the US do you have to show a CBP officer if he asks? home? tax returns? driver license? job? studies? ...

My family is here they are not traveling with me, due to some reasons frequently i have to travel to India and stay prolonged time for few years.

But 6 months once i return, stay 1 month and return to India.

If you keep doing this you will run into trouble. You are spending, as 1AurCitizen noted above, 12 out of 13 months out of the US. If that is an ongoing situation you will run into problems and may be referred to an immigration judge to present evidence as to why you should not lose your green card.

You're confusing what you think is necessary to keep your green card (which is why I presume you are hopping back briefly every 6 months), with what is actually necessary to keep your green card (ie actual residence, or as cafeconleche suggested, a re-entry permit if this situation will end after a couple of years, but you don't seem to want to even stay long enough in the US to organize a REP).

My family is here they are not traveling with me, due to some reasons frequently i have to travel to India and stay prolonged time for few years.

Suggest turning in your green card as long as those India reasons exist. Have your family repetition you for the GC once you're ready to permanently settle in the US.

For how long have you been doing this 6-months out, 1-month in thing? For how long will it continue?

You don't need to turn in your GC. Get a re-entry permit, but you'll have to do biometrics IN the country before leaving again.

For how long have you been doing this 6-months out, 1-month in thing? For how long will it continue?

You don't need to turn in your GC. Get a re-entry permit, but you'll have to do biometrics IN the country before leaving again.