Travel with GC

Positive4GC

Registered Users (C)
My GC was approved in Sep 07 and got the stamp in passport in Dec 07. Received the card in Feb 08. Do I need to carry any additional documents for my travel outside United States other than my GC and passport.

Thanks.

My GC was approved in Sep 07 and got the stamp in passport in Dec 07. Received the card in Feb 08. Do I need to carry any additional documents for my travel outside United States other than my GC and passport.
If you travel outside the US longer than a year, you need a reentry permit.

If you travel outside the US longer than a year, you need a reentry permit.

I am returning in 3weeks and dont think I should apply for a reentry permit. All I am taking with me are - old and new passports, greencard, I-485 approval notice.Earlier I used to take a bunch of documents on my H1-B and Advance Parole status. Since I am a gc holder this time, I am proud to take few documents :)

Thanks guys!

Yep me too. Now I will have to make a trip just to see how it feels:D

I am returning in 3weeks and dont think I should apply for a reentry permit. All I am taking with me are - old and new passports, greencard, I-485 approval notice.Earlier I used to take a bunch of documents on my H1-B and Advance Parole status. Since I am a gc holder this time, I am proud to take few documents :)

Thanks guys!