Travel to Hawaii Honololu - Do I need advance Parole ??

shankara21cen

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

My status in US is AOS. I do not have vaild visa stamp in my passport. I am working on EAD. Some of my friends told that I need a valid visa or advance payrole to travel to Hawaii and come back to Georgia. I was wondering if it is true?

Please help.

Just came back from there last week. They have an agricultural inspection when you enter and leave, but as you remain within the US, you don't need a visa/AP (just as you don't need a visa flying from Bangor,ME to Chicago, IL even though a good portion of the flight is over canadian territory).

Does anyone know how it works with travel to Guam ?

Probably you would need a visa for Guam, for the simple reason that most connections go through Tokyo and you have to re-enter from there (unless you give up your left hand for a flight through Hawaii).

hadron said:
Probably you would need a visa for Guam, for the simple reason that most connections go through Tokyo and you have to re-enter from there (unless you give up your left hand for a flight through Hawaii).

JoeF and Hardon,
Thank you for your input/advise. I will book air ticket and hotel. I am going there for a scientific meeting.

Last edited by a moderator: