Travel to Germany with Green card

Mina Cli

I’m an asylees, I got my green card I have no passport only green card and I wanna visit Germany, what I need to do to travel there? Or I can’t travel with green card? Do I can apply for refugee travel documents to visit Germany?

Thank you.

You can use either a US Refugee Travel Document or a US Re-entry Permit. Either of these is a passport-like booklet that many countries will issue visas for and accept for international travel.

Since you got US permanent residency through asylum, you can get a Refugee Travel Document. It is valid for 1 year.

Any US permanent resident (not necessarily through refugee or asylum) can get a Re-entry Permit. It is valid for 2 years.

You can use either a US Refugee Travel Document or a US Re-entry Permit. Either of these is a passport-like booklet that many countries will issue visas for and accept for international travel.

Since you got US permanent residency through asylum, you can get a Refugee Travel Document. It is valid for 1 year.

Any US permanent resident (not necessarily through refugee or asylum) can get a Re-entry Permit. It is valid for 2 years.
So, I after I get the RTD, do I need visa to visit Germany?

And thanks for ur responding

With an RTD, no visa required. With an RP, a visa is required, but the RP will be valid for two years instead of just one like the RTD.