Transit visa

prman

Registered Users (C)
My family is going to India this month. We are on EAD's. Shopping around for tickets. My question is Guys like us on EAD's, what are the (Ariline) country's that ask Transit visa? I know via London we need Transit visa.

Thanks

If you hold Indian passport and a valid US visa than a transit visa is not required in all cases including transit thru Europe.
If you don't have a valid US visa then you can travel transit visa free thru Singapore, Hong Kong and other East Asian hubs (as long as you are not going out of the airport). You will need a transit visa thru most European hubs. I think dubai allows transit visa on arrival for 48 hours. (Check with Emirates)

EAD has nothing to do with travel. In order to return to US you will need a visa or a valid AP.

If you hold Indian passport and a valid US visa than a transit visa is not required in all cases including transit thru Europe.
If you don't have a valid US visa then you can travel transit visa free thru Singapore, Hong Kong and other East Asian hubs (as long as you are not going out of the airport). You will need a transit visa thru most European hubs. I think dubai allows transit visa on arrival for 48 hours. (Check with Emirates)

EAD has nothing to do with travel. In order to return to US you will need a visa or a valid AP.

We have Indian passports and visa's are expired long back, now on AP. We dont have enough time to apply transit visa's. So looking for non-transit visa airlines tickets.

You checked this page and the exceptions at the bottom?

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/visadatvnationals

You don't need a transit visa for the Schengen zone if you're going to India from the US. I suggest you go to the website of the mission of the country through which you'll be transiting and print the information, just in case.

In the Am I exempt from the DATV requirement? Q & A, You will be exempt from the DATV requirement and may be able to transit without visa if you hold one of the following. which is A valid Canadian permanent resident card issued on or after 28 June 2002.

I have a Canadian Permanent resident card. I guess I don't need a Transit visa. right?

This is applicable only to UK or Europe?

That doesn't matter. They may not even ask you about transit visa exemption, but if they do, you have the cards to show them.

Recently I travelled from India to US through Brussels(Belgium) on AP and they don't need a transit visa.I presume you don't need transit visa if you are travelling via Frankfurt anyways check with German Consulate.

Or fly Continental from Chicago to Delhi non-stop
Or fly American Airlines from Newark, NJ to Delhi non-stop

In both cases above, you never touch any other country's soil. USA to 30,000 ft to India.

Last edited by a moderator: