Transit visa required when traveling via Frankfurt,Germany on expired h1b visa

cehoorniaw

I'm planning on going to India on a vacation in the next month or two. My h1b visa has expired(and will be getting a new one in India). I'll be travelling on Lufthansa via frankfurt. I'm an Indian Citizen.
When I enquired with the German consulate they told me that I don't need a transit visa(because I'm going back to my home country). However, in the past (a few years back) I had to get a german transit visa when I was in a similar situation.

I would like to get a first-hand experience. So, If you or anyone you know were in a similar situation recently, can you share the experience? Was a transit visa required?
Thanks much!

You need to have transit visa or Indian Visa or Advance Parole. When you take the boarding pass they check for any one of these. otherwise they don't allow to travel.

Do you know this for sure? Is this based on your first hand experience?

Like I said earlier, I have contacted the German consulate and they have told me that I don't need a US visa on my passport, because I'm returning to my home country.

I'm really looking for recent first hand experience.

Travelled without transit visa just fine

Thanks for all the replies. Just wanted to provide an update. I didn't get a German transit visa. I didn't have any problems boarding lufthansa with an expired H1B visa. Hope this info helps other folks in similar situation.