Transferring file to USA from India - Need advise

shaken

Registered Users (C)
One of my friend applied for Canadian PR (Skilled worker category) in November 2001 from India. He immigrated to US recently (and got greencard)and after immigrating to US, his letter from Canada came - stating he has to go for Medical and submit the police clearance - his interview has been waived.

Now, his papers have to be submitted before July 15th - he can't travel to India from USA due to various personal issues, though he is legal.
1. Can he get the medical done in USA and submit the papers to New Delhi
2. He hasn't informed Canada about his change of address yet - should he inform first, get file transferred and then submit papers ? Will his file be cancelled ? OR should he submit all the papers (including medical done in USA) and inform about the address at the same time ?

Please advise.. (People might be wondering why he would like to continue Canadian PR if he is in USA - the answer is - he is not sure about his profession and he would like to keep the options open)

I appreciate your advise in advance. And thanks to Rajiv Khanna for maintaining this web-site (now maybe over 7 years or even more)

Regards,
Shaken

* 1st he has to inform Delhi ASAP of his change of address and request them for file transfer to US. He has to inform Delhi office/CIC abt his marriage if he has not done yet.
* I know from my personal experience that he can do medicals in US but contact Buffalo before he does medicals.
* He has to inform CIC abt his situation and tell them that he can't submit his papers, if he can't. They don't cancel immigration files for these kind of reasons. Ofcourse his file might get delayed for not submitting documents on time.
* There are less jobs in each profession in Canada including labor jobs, so whether your friend is not sure about his profession or not, it doesn't make much sense. :p
* If he wants to sponsor his family after being Canadian PR, he has to live in Canada.

Mayank

Hi,

I beleive that will not work because i went through the same thing.
I moved my file to USA from India and it took 2 more years for me to get it processed.

Jay