Transfer to new service center

grchehab

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I had submitted an I-140 NIW to Texas service center in 11/03. I will bee moving to Pennsylvania thus my application will probably be routed to the disastorous VSC. Will my application be considered as a new application regarding processing time or will they take into consideration the time tha application had been in queu at the Texas service center?

I am in the same situation as you. I have a I-140 pending in Texas and will be moving to a state within Vermont's jurisdiction. I am under Eb3 though.
If anyone has any experience with this, a reply will much appreciated.

The message from VSC, I don't know how about the other centers. I have the same situation.

Question: (c) What about NIW and EB-1-1 concurrently filed I-140s and I-485's where the applicant moves outside VSC jurisdiction prior to adjudication of the I-140. Will VSC continue to accept jurisdiction of the 485 and dependent 131, 765 applications?

Answer: Yes, if VSC accepted the I-140 concurrently with I-485, I-131, I-756, VSC will continue to accept jurisdiction over all the applications, even if the applicant moves outside of VSC's jurisdiction

renet phone inquiry

I called the Texas service center and told them that I will be moving to Pennsylvania which is under the VSC jurisdiction. The employee told me that my NIW I-140 pettiton will have to be transferred. BTW I have not applied concurrently for the I-485.
This seems to contradict what others have said in the earlier postings in this thread. Confusion here.......Any ideas? :confused:

grchehab said:
I called the Texas service center and told them that I will be moving to Pennsylvania which is under the VSC jurisdiction. The employee told me that my NIW I-140 pettiton will have to be transferred.

The employee may not be an adjudicator.He/she may know only general rules.So, relying on their answer is not a good idea, ever.