Transfer issued visa to new passport

You cannot transfer an already issued into a new passport. If your current passport is about to expire and your visa is still valid, get a new passport and present both the old and new passports when it's time to travel.

Hello mom,

I have a questing regards to this matter. I have my old passport that expired in November of last year and a new passport that embassy provided me with and my visa is on the old passport and I was advised to have 2 passports at all times when I want to travel: just like you said earlier in this thread.

Hen I was filling my ds260. On the question about my visa and vida number I included information from the previous passport which was expired.

However, when they asked me to provide my passport and passport ID, I provided information from the new passport, because I assumed if my embassy gave me new passport through my country then I did the right thing providing my new passport information since it should be in the U.S system.

Could you advise please?

Hello mom,

I have a questing regards to this matter. I have my old passport that expired in November of last year and a new passport that embassy provided me with and my visa is on the old passport and I was advised to have 2 passports at all times when I want to travel: just like you said earlier in this thread.

Hen I was filling my ds260. On the question about my visa and vida number I included information from the previous passport which was expired.

However, when they asked me to provide my passport and passport ID, I provided information from the new passport, because I assumed if my embassy gave me new passport through my country then I did the right thing providing my new passport information since it should be in the U.S system.

Could you advise please?

Yes that is the right way to address the issue.