transfer case to boston

finalwaiting

Registered Users (C)
there are some discussion about transfering to someother place, but not some at boston. Do any of you have with interview experience at boston, please post your experience.

It's so painful for me for the uncertain future interview.

boston transfer

HI,
my case was transfered to Boston too, did you receive the interview notice? would your tell us more about your case?
RD,
TD,
EB1/EB2/EB3 ?
thanks!

transfer to boston

mine is EB1, transferred to Boston, receipt date: oct 1, 2001, transferred on Oct 16 2002. Interview date is March 2003.

no news about spouse (dependent) case even we filed together.

it sucks..

priya

Hi, Priyadev, finalwaiting:

My case is EB1 too. The interview letter says that bring your update employment letter, medical , and some related documents. Maybe we should contact eath other to share more information, our case are similar.

One of my friend (EB1) conducted interview at Bostn INS office in January, 2002. He told me that it was an easy interviev, the officer asked about sth about employment, your duties...... it just took about ten minuets. So don't worry about that , treat youself well everyday, enjoy every day.

ty555

Priyadev. Help me with some details

Hi Priyadev,

My case has been transfered from nsc to boston on 01/06/2003. After how many months did you get the interview letter ?

Thanks,

Service center : NSC.
Filed for 485 from : NJ
Moved to MA By : March 2002

RD : 8/17/2001
ND : 9/24/2001
AP/EAD : Sometime in November 2001
FP : 01/31/2002
Second EAD/AP : November 2002
RFE : November 22nd 2002
RFE for employment verification and Status verification.
RFE recieved by INS and online status updated by December 19th.
Case transferred to local INS Boston, MA on 1/6/2003

Waiting for the correspondence to come through from NSC and the Interview letter from Boston INS.

Gurus, Please give me some info on :

1. How long will Boston, MA take to send an interview letter.
2. Anyone else in similar boat where case got transferred to Boston ?
3. Interview experience in Boston
4. List of documents to carry for Interview (When it comes)

Thanks in Advance.

Toughdba.

boston transfer - interview over

Transfer Notice date 6/12/02
Interview date ; 01/07/03

Interview lasted for about 15 mins.
Asked few questions like DOB, Place of B, Parents Name.

Documents asked includes emploment letter, pay slip, I94, marriage certificate.

Got my the approval notice on 01/09/03. My spouse's case is in pending as they are still waiting for the FBI check response.

Hope this helps.

My lawyer came with me. I suggest you take your lawyer with you too.

exmoola:

Congratulations!!!
thanks you very much for posting your Boston interview experience, it will be very helpful for us , would you please tell me how to contact your lawyer? I'm waiting for interview too.

thanks inadvance!

ty555

Thanks a lot exmoola for the reply

exmoola

Thanks a lot for the reply. That is very helpful. Can you also please specify when you got the interview letter (date). Looks like Boston takes a total of min. 6 months to conduct an interview. Also, My lawyer is in Michigan. The lawyer you took to Ins , was it your lawyer right from the beginning or did you hire him just for this interview purpose ?

Thanks,

toughdba.

I received my interview notice in Oct. 02. Dont remember the exact date.
The lawyer who came with me was hadling my case right from the beginning. I dont know if you could hire him just for the interview.

You could enquire at www.pappas-lenzo.com

Please dont mention my name.

Boston Interview rescheduled

My case was transferred to Boston at July 31, 2002. The interview originally was scheduled on January 6, 2003. However in November I received the "Notice Of Change Of Appointment" telling that "Due to a scheduling conflict..." my interview was rescheduled on April 28, 2003. At first I was shocked and scared. I was shocked because I expected anything but this, and I was scared because my elder son will turn 21 in February and he might by “Aged Out” at the time of rescheduled interview. Later I figured out that thanks to “Child Status Protection Act” the “Aging Out” is not the problem anymore.

Because at this time my H1B and EAD will be expired, in December I submitted 7th year H1B extension (and H4 extensions for my wife and two sons) trough my lawyer, and EAD renewals for my elder son and me prepared by ourselves.

H1B and H4 extensions are still pending, but EAD applications was transferred from VSC where we originally submitted them to Boston and then returned to us with a short notice telling that we have to go to Boston and submit them "in person". Last Friday we went to Boston and after short interview they were approved.

By the way, the officer told me, that there should be many Interview reschedules due to INS "heavy load".

There is interesting situation with our Finger Prints. We did them at January 22,2002, so at April 28 will be 15 month and 6 days since that, so they may be considered as expired. However FBI cleared them at February 1, and if they count 15 month from the day of cleaning, they still may be considered as valid.

I have a concern about our Medical Examinations. Should we or should not we re-take them? I already heard three different opinions: One lawyer told me that because the results were submitted together with our I-485, they are valid forever, so we do not have to re-take them. Another lawyer agreed, but suggested re-taking in order to be on the safe side. The 3rd opinion I received from the doctor, who did the examination. He told me that if the results are in INS and the envelopes are still unopened, we do not need re-taking. He suggested calling to INS and checking whether the envelopes are still unopened or not. I think this is pretty much useless advice, because according to I-485 Standard Operating Procedure the envelopes should be opened in the Mailing Room once “the filling is determined to be acceptable.”

EB2
EAC-02-037-5****
PD 06/01/2000
RD 09/18/2001
ND 11/14/2001
EAD1 12/05/2001
FP 01/22/2002
TD 07/31/2002
ID1 01/06/2003
ID2 04/28/2003
EAD2 01/10/2002

interview, lawyer?

hi, exmoola:

thank you very much for your reply. you suggested to take lawyer with you to interview, did your lawyer answer some questions for you? How did your lawyer help you during the interview? would you please share your opinion?

thanks!

interview scheduled.. waiting..

My interview at local boston office is scheduled March last week. Transfer date: Oct 2002.

Please thro' light on what are the documents to be presented for the interview..

priyadev

Priyadev. What is the interview letter date

Priyadev,

Can you please let us know on what date you recieved your interview letter ?

Thanks,

Toughdba.

priyadev

November 2nd week is date, the transfer date letter is received from Local Boston Office.

priya

Did you get interviewed and approved ?

Hi Finalwaiting,

Did you get interviewed and approved ? Can you please share the interview details, documents asked etc.,

Thank you,

Toughdba.