*** Transcript of hearing is NOW attached - 9-24th Hearing ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajiv S. Khanna

HOST, Immigration.Com
Staff member
Here is what happened. The judge has given us two weeks to submit additional briefs, if we want, addressing class action. The Court is ready to rule on our motion for class action.

I tried to get us more discovery, but the Court denied that. So, we are now working on the supplementary brief. Let us see what happens.

I will post the transcript of the hearing next week.

PS I had the flu, but I did not want to delay the hearing so I went in. In the middle of my argument, I could stand no more. The Court kindly permitted me to argue the rest of the case sitting down. The hearing lasted a little over an hour.

====================

PPS I have just received the transcript.

Attached

Last edited by a moderator:
Get well soon

Rajiv,
Congratulations on your stern efforts.
Health is more important. Wish you get well soon.

thanks Rajiv for your energy and dedication.
Is there any chance that you will bring the I140 backlong and AC21 applicability issue to the USCIS officials?

Thank you for going to the court while you were not feeling well. I hope you feel better. We will read the transcript next week but I sure would like to know your impressions of the hearing. As far as I remember the judge was right in the middle in our initial hearing(not moving one way or the other). Can you or anyone else who was at the hearing today could post their impressions of the judge today. Is the judge leaning in one direction or is he still waiting for more information?? Any comments from people who have attended today's hearing would be appreciated.

Thank you for all the work Rajiv, do get alot of rest this weekend.

Rajiv,

Many thanks for your efforts in this law suit. It seems the Judge still wants to put the burden on us to prove that this can be a Class Action. Does that mean he is inclined the other way? or Is he still in the middle ?

Get well soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rajiv, we all know that even the most interesting task becomes a burden when you're sick and all you want to do is lie in bed. You have not only represented us selflessly, but you have done it with dedication that is rare for anybody in any field. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, for your noble action for us.

Mr.Khanna,

Thank you very much for your selfless effort. Please take a good care of you. We all need you.

God bless you.

also, thanks for mentioning the AC-21 to the judge

Please do bring that up before the judge everytime you are in court, Like you did today.

The judge is very smart

And he is nice too, I feel.
First I 'd like to thank Mr.Khanna for all the efforts. But unfortunatly, I want to point out that Mr.Khanna's points are not sharp enough. Though I don't have a law background, I have the sense that Mr.Khanna's case is not best organized. It is really hard for the judge to understand what is the problem here since he is a total ousider. But fortunately, he seems able to get the major point here: UNREASONABLE DELAY.

We need to define our case more clearly: exactly what is the problem, exactly what we are after(not money of course!). And we need the statistic data about all the cases to prove the delay is unreasonable.
For example, we can ask them to produce data to show how many cases have waited 3 years, 2.5 years, 2 years, ....

The only burden on us is to prove the delay is unreasonable. We have no interest in how they do their business (such as training manu). It is their job. We make no suggestion how they should do business neither. As the judge said we maybe no better than they do.

The only thing we want is that they admit the delay is unreasonable and they must propose a bottomline time fame and at the same time propose some measures for immediate relief.

Thanks Rajiv, for everything. I know this is an understatement, given your (And many members of this forums') immense effort.
Relax and take rest.. get well soon. Everything will turn out all right!

Status
Not open for further replies.